1. To assist in the delivery of quality patient care to the clients of the Carrell Clinic.
2. To assist the patient in all areas of need, creating an environment of concern, caring, friendliness and safety.
3. To work with co-workers to help in the smooth running of the clinic. We should create an atmosphere of harmony, understanding, and co-operation among all employees of the nursing staff. We should strive to help our patients to the best of our ability. Our common purpose is to serve our patients. Your role is vital, what you say, what you do and how you do it contributes to the care of the patient.
The medical assistant is responsible for patient care in all areas of the clinic. A medical Assistant provides professional clinical care for clinic patients following established standards and practices. Prepares patients during office visits and assists patients and family members before, during and after a doctor's visit. Works under the direct supervision of the physician.
General good health, neat personal appearance, good personal hygiene (includes your body and breath and hair), meeting dress code of the office.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
- Current Certified/Registered Graduate of an accredited medical assistant school.
- Current CPR certification
- 2 years' experience preferred
- Phlebotomy skills, knowledge of medical terminology, dosage calculations and measurement conversions.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment under deadline situations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use a computer and enter data.
Supervisor, Operations Manager, Administrator, and Physicians.
The Medical Assistant reports to the Supervisor (Maria Hoffman)
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assisting the physician in all areas of care under his direction.
2. Remove splints and/or other appliances as directed by physicians.
3. Be able to properly use all equipment in the office.
4. Apply braces and other orthopedic supplies as ordered. This does not apply to application of casts.
5. Teach exercises as prescribed by physician.
6. Assist in minor office procedures.
7. Assist physicians and PA's (NP's) in giving injections.
8. MA's must be able to do venipunctures and collect lab.
9. Give IM injections.
10. General housekeeping of patient area-keeping beds made and rooms clean and in order. Prepare, restock and disinfect examination rooms and nurses stations.
11. Have thorough working knowledge of record keeping: correct entries, codes and prices on superbills. Understand EMR. Be able to fill out lab slips correctly.
12. Assist in sorting, folding and distribution of clean linens.
13. Assist in bagging dirty linen (wear gloves).
14. Stock injection bins as needed and at the end of each day and prepare for and prepare for the next clinic day.
15. Stock dressing bin as needed.
16. Clean instruments and autoclave as needed, if orthotec needs assistance.
17. To be cost aware as well as cost effective in the use of supplies.
18. Assist in cleaning the employee lounge (4th floor coffee room) when the hall staff is assigned.
19. Perform all duties in accordance with clinical, OSHA and infection control standards.
20. Interpret and carry-out provider orders.
21. Measure and record vital signs.
22. Represent clinic in a professional manner. Comply with HIPAA regulations. Respect each patient's privacy.
Be aware of and abide by all Infection Control Policies written by the W. B. Carrell Memorial Clinic:
1. Change Sharps containers when they are full.
2. Close Sharps container and dispose of same in biohazard Sharps Container room on 5th floor.
3. Remove non-Sharp hazard waste from cans marked Biohazard. Tie red bags in a knot and place in hazard containers to be picked up. Clean container and replace the container with a new bag.
Work ethic pertains to a person's attitude, feelings and belief about work. A value based on hard work and diligence. It's your belief in the moral benefit of work and its ability to enhance character.
- Work with Integrity: We count on each other to work with high moral standards and to not create problems.
- Sense of Responsibility: A strong sense of responsibility affects how an employee works and the amount of work she does. When you feel personally responsible for your job performance you: show up on time, put in your best effort and complete projects to the best of your ability.
- Emphasis on Quality: Employees with strong work ethic care about the quality of their work. These employees improve the overall quality of the company and meet our company's objectives. (see first page Objectives)
- Discipline: It takes commitment to finish your daily tasks. Employees with good discipline stay focused on his goals and are determined to complete her assignments.
- Sense of Teamwork: (High sense of teamwork helps deliver quality work) these employees respect their peers and help where they can to make collaborations go smoother. (working together to complete a task)
M-F, 8 5:30
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Founded in 1921, the Carrell Clinic boasts a tradition of excellence in Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine that is respected throughout the entire country. Our reputation was established by W. B. Carrell and the physicians who worked with him. They were keenly aware that maintaining excellence required keeping up-to-date with advancements in both technology and skill. That commitment, established early in our history, continues to be our philosophy.
Being involved in the delivery of health care services, carries certain ethical, moral and social responsibilities. We require strict adherence at all times regarding the confidentiality of doctor-patient relationship. Employees are expected to be kind, sympathetic and understanding, as well as courteous and polite. Employees are also expected to support the policies and reputation of this office and project a conservative image at all times. Our patients are the reason for our job.
The Clinic offers a robust benefit package, to include a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policy, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, life, voluntary life, short term disability, long term disability, long term care, emergency travel assistance, identity theft protection, employee assistance program and a wellness program.
People who use tobacco products of any kind need not apply. This includes cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco, and e-cigarettes.