Come work for one of the fastest-growing Urgent Care companies in the Northeast, PhysicianOne Urgent Care. Founded in 2008, PhysicianOne Urgent Care was the first in the region to be accredited and certified by the Urgent Care Association. PhysicianOne Urgent Care is proud to be an Affiliate of Yale-New Haven Health in Connecticut and New York and partnered with Wellforce/Tufts Medical Center in Massachusetts. We currently operate a network of twenty-three Urgent Care centers in Connecticut, New York, and Massachusetts. We are a hard-working team that is relentless in building a great company focused on patients, culture, and performance.
PhysicianOne Urgent Care is dedicated to providing compassionate, award-winning, quality, convenient, and timely medical care to local communities in both a cost-effective and caring manner.
We are currently seeking well-qualified talent for our PhysicianOne center located in Brookfield.
The ideal candidate should be qualified as a Medical Assistant with recent experience of 1 year preferred. This position requires an energetic, organized individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment. The schedule entails shifts divided between weekdays (8-8pm), weekends (9-5pm) and some holidays (9-5pm).
- Prepare patient rooms, set up instruments and equipment according to protocol
- Obtains pertinent clinical information including the patient’s complaint, health history, and measurement of vital signs
- Documenting all patient-related communication and interventions in the patient’s electronic medical record (EMR)
- Prepares for all necessary procedures and treatments according to established specifications
- Assists providers with examinations, procedures and treatments
- Performs CLIA-waived lab tests; draw blood and collect, label and process specimens to send to the laboratory
- Performs diagnostic tests including eye exams, EKG, Pulse Ox, Peak flow and throat and nasal swabs
- Monitors patient flow from waiting room to exam room and throughout visit
- Maintains HIPAA at all times
Occupational Health -
Training provided to offer a firm understanding of how to perform the following:
- Respiratory Fit Test
- DOT Physicals
- Hospitality, check-in, and registration
- Verifying insurances
- Collecting and processing co-pays and counsel patients concerning their accounts when necessary
Cultural Attributes -
- Dependable, able to multitask and is an overall team player
- Consistently demonstrates PhysicianOne Mission, Vision, Values
- Top-notch customer service to deliver on the patient experience the PhysicianOne way
- Strong and effective with verbal and written communications that is clear, professional and positive
- Able to interact and treat all persons with respect, sensitivity, and fairness to cultural and social differences
- Proficient time management skills
Education and experience requirements include -
- High School graduate or GED equivalent is required.
- Successful completion of equivalent of an accredited medical assistance program is required
- 1-2 years of experience in a Medical Assisting role is required
- Certified or Registered Medical Assistant is preferred
- Maintain knowledge of medical terminology and standards of care
- Knowledge of computerized information services (EMR) used in clinical management setting preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong commitment to customer service and excellence in healthcare
- Work flexible schedule