About the Company
Fast Pace Urgent Care is rapidly growing and a leading provider of urgent care and primary care clinics across Tennessee, Kentucky, and Mississippi. With over 95 clinics and counting, Fast Pace Urgent Care provides quality care to our patients at a reduced cost in underserved rural communities, while fostering a culture of fellowship among our team members. We are committed to hiring compassionate, driven team members that will ensure our patients receive remarkable care.
Fast Pace offers a number of challenging and meaningful career paths, providing you with the opportunity to work with the best people, grow your career, and most importantly, make a difference in people’s lives. We provide a competitive benefits package, including health, 401(k), PTO, and Holiday Pay.
Fast Pace Urgent Care is guided by the following core principles: Quality of Care, Teamwork, Friendliness, Empowerment, and Communication.
At Fast Pace Urgent Care, Medical Assistants provide clinical and administrative support essential for effective patient care under the direct supervision of a Provider, Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant. The Medical Assistant is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment and is responsible for providing outstanding patient service.
- Greet, register, instruct and provide general assistance to patients in a friendly and professional manner.
- Ensure that the activities of the Medical Assistant are conducted in a manner that is consistent with overall department expectations and are in compliance with Federal and State regulations, guidelines, and requirements including working knowledge of all health information management issues such as HIPAA.
- Answer telephone, take messages and return voicemails.
- Verify insurance eligibility and relay relevant information on payment policies and billing/collection processes.
- Collect co-pays, co-insurance, deductibles and past due balances.
- Retrieve and fax/mail medical records to primary care providers and insurance carriers per patient request.
- Reconcile daily receipts and money collected with the end of day reports to confirm money balances and then prepare individual deposit.
- The ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with all employees.
- The ability to build and maintain confidence and credibility with all employees.
- The ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with all clients and employees; maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that results in a positive work relationship with customers, co-workers, and managers.
- The ability to perform the physical, use of senses, cognitive, and environmental functions of the position, as specified on the physical demands.
- Ability to comply with Company standards of operations.
- Ability to adhere to the Core Values of the Company, of teamwork, communication, empowerment, quality of care, and friendliness.
- The ability to promote and maintain a respectful culture of employee, employer and business confidentiality.
- Deliver clinical support for the team and adhere to all policies and procedures of the company.
- Prepare exam and treatment rooms for patient intake.
- Triage patients by checking vitals, performing blood draws and giving injections, etc.
- Observe patients, charting, reporting changes in patients' conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and taking any necessary action.
- Assist with scheduling of tests and treatments and instruct patients on collection of any necessary samples and tests.
- Assist providers in preparing for minor surgeries and physicals.
- Prepare and maintain supplies and equipment for treatment.
- Assist patients utilizing a Virtual Medicine Provider.
- Ensure accurate completion of patient charts and forwarding charts as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities- What you Need:
- Outstanding patient service skills with pediatric and adult patients.
- The desire to work for a company that is committed to quality care in a friendly and teamwork oriented environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively with patients and team members.
- Proficient at utilizing technology such as Outlook, Excel, Word, and ideally the previous use of an EMR system such as Practice Velocity.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent
- At least 1 year of experience as an MA preferred in a clinic setting, preferably urgent care.
Current License or Certification:
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) preferred. Certification must be active, in good standing, and verifiable with the proper regulatory agency.