SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Perform routine clinical tasks: to keep the nurses and physicians and other health practitioners running smoothly. The duties of medical assistant shall vary from time to time depending on the surgical specialty and volume of cases.
- Administrative duties include answering telephones, greeting patients, updating and filing patients' medical records, scanning medical records, data entry, and assisting scheduling dept as needed.
- Clinical duties: preparing patients for pre op and assisting the nurse and physician during the pre op and post-op stages. All duties will be performed according to state law and scope of practice. Day to day responsibility may include, but not limited to:
- Ensures care to the appropriate patient through proper identification and checking of chart
- Intakes patient's history, performs vitals and reports to RN
- Ensures correct site/side is verified independently and collaboratively with the circulator / surgeon / anesthesiologist.
- Checks rooms for proper inventory of supplies
- Puts away supplies
- Assists in transferring patients
- Assists in turning over rooms
- High School Diploma required
- Medical Assistant Certification required
- 1 year experience in surgery setting preferred
- BLS certified required
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.