Assists in examination and treatment of patients and performing miscellaneous delegated duties under the direction of the physician and/or clinician. Responsible for various clinical and clerical duties.
Job Specific Duties
- Answers telephones, routes calls, takes, and relays accurate phone messages.
- • Prepares IV medicines and immunizations to be administered to the patients. Administers IV medicines and immunizations to the patients.
- • Communicates all significant changes in patient conditions or behavior to clinicians and physicians.
- • Ensures all medical record/patient charts contains necessary documentation for medical appointments. Completed charting, collects, and distributes medical record documents related to patient.
- • Gathers data for general information, special reports, contacting other employees, departments, agencies, and individuals for additional material. May prepare reports for Physician's approval.
- • Maintain & prepare billing charge (cash history, etc.) and for reconciliation (daily journal, etc.), assist in completing claims forms & answers patient questions in reference to payment status.
- • Runs reports for credit cards, super bills, and etc. Prepare final bookkeeping of assigned cash drawer and prepare and make timely deposits.
- • Maintains a clean and orderly work area and patient rooms.
- • Maintains equipment in proper working condition/order. When equipment is not functioning, take proper actions - label machines, notify clinician & place maintenance work order for patient safety.
- • Performs and documents vital signs (i.e., temperature, B/P, Resp., etc.) and measurements (i.e., height, weight, etc.). Provides and documents patient and family education.
- • Assists physician with simple procedures and patient transport. Collects specimens and distributes to laboratory for results.
- • Prepares for patient visits by preparing /pulling charts, printing super bills, inform physician, and other clinical staff of changes in schedule.
- • Schedules appointments, diagnostic, therapeutic, verifies medical appointments, obtains and/or verify authorizations, and call in refills.
- • Process medical documentation for office visit and follow-up with patient when required.
- • Serves as receptionist, conducts patient check-in, registration, collect fee for service/co-payments, and verifies referrals, insurance data, patient’s address & other pertinent information.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Other Medical Assistant certification/graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program (OR) LPN License/completion of an accredited LPN program (OR) Prior MA experience in a physician practice and Medical Assistant certification/ graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program required within 90 days of hire (Required)
- CPR BLS -American Heart Association BLS - must maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High School education or equivalent preferred
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer and math skills.
- Excellent patient management, customer service, and interpersonal skills.