Medical Assistant Gastroenterology FT Days: AdventHealth Medical Group East FL
Location Address: Palm Coast, FL
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Medical Group East FL
- Career Advancement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Competitive Salary
- Great team of co-workers that feel like family
- Full Time, Monday-Friday.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Performs initial response-screening following protocols under the direction of the supervising physician.
- Performs initial and ongoing assessment of patients, utilizing established guidelines.
- Cleans, prepares and maintains examinations rooms and treatment areas.
- Prepares patients for examinations, procedures and treatments.
- Organize and review incoming test results and forward to physician.
- Prepares specimens for outside lab testing, as ordered by the physician.
- Prepares and administers oral and parenteral (excluding IV) medications and immunizations as directed by supervising physician and as permitted by state law.
What You Will Need:
- Minimum of a high school diploma
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), American Medical Technologist (AMT), National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), National HealthCare Association (NHA), or American Medical Certification Association (AMCA) Certification is required to be active prior to employment and must be maintained throughout employment. American Registry of Medical Assistants (ARMA) Certification will be accepted for employees who began employment prior to June 30, 2016, but the certification must not lapse or else is required to then obtain AAMA, AMT, NCCT, NHA, or AMCA Certification
- For non-certified MA, a minimum of 5 years of MA experience and must be certified within 30 days from the date of hire.
- BLS required
- Minimum of 1 year of related work experience or completed an accredited Medical Assistant program with completion of an externship is required
- Candidate must also be proficient and possess current working knowledge in the use of MS Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Internet.
- Assists the physician in providing medical care to patients of various ages according to the policy of individual practice, in accordance with professional standards and hospital policies and procedures.