Medical Assistant - Gastroenterology of Manhasset
-Administers patient care, maintains medical charts, performs receptionist and registration duties and maintains inventory and supplies.
- Administers direct patient care under direct supervision of the Nurse Practitioner.
- Takes and records vital signs, growth measurements, and draws blood; and collects specimens.
- Assists clinical staff with examination and treatment.
- Performs registration duties and maintains patient’s medical chart.
- Registers patients and maintains record of services rendered;
- Ensures the organization of medical charts;
- Ensures all required documentation is available in the medical record;
- Distributes reports and correspondence; files, photocopies and processes forms related to medical charts.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Successful completion of a six (6) month to one (1) year course in Medical Assisting at an accredited school, required. Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), preferred.
- Prior related experience, preferred.
- Data entry skills (80 kpm), required.
Finance Job Family: SVC_AT
Job: Clerical Support Associate
Primary Location: Nassau County-Manhasset-North Shore University Hospitl
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Shift Begin Time-Shift End Time: 9:30 AM-5:30 PM
Job Level: Team Member