When it comes to working in healthcare, the grass isn't greener - it's Tan-ner! With so many choices of places to work, why not be part of the clinic with a 110-year tradition of caring for our patients and our employees. Tanner Clinic hires kind, warm, positive individuals whose very nature is service-oriented and who enjoy working with people in a professional atmosphere.
Description:Medical Assistant needed for multi-specialty health care clinic in South Ogden and Layton, Utah.
|Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays; 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM in the Layton office. Wednesdays; 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM in South Ogden Office and Fridays; 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM in South Ogden office.. Note: every other week Weds. will be until 1:00 PM and then the other week Friday will be until 1:00 PM.|
- Ensure proper patient satisfaction by attending to their medical needs as determined by the attending physician.
- Administer medications and immunizations.
- Performing vital signs and obtaining patient medical histories.
- Obtain prior authorizations for prescriptions and procedures.
- Fulfill prescription requests.
- Respond to patient phone requests in a timely manner.
- Maintain strict patient, computer, and company confidentiality.
- Perform as scribe for physician while entering notes on patient medical records in NextGen EMR system.
- Must have completed Medical Assistant schooling. Preference given tograduates from accredited programs.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, physicians, and staff.
- Must be capable of handling multiple tasks effectively and able to maintain a professional demeanor during stressful situations.
- Demonstrate compassion and understanding for the patient and caring parties.
- Possess pleasant and effective written, verbal, and telephone communication skills.
- Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding.
- Basic computer knowledge.