Apply Today – Gain Immediate Access to Great Employment Opportunities!
Join the Abacus family of more than 25,000 employees assigned to top-rated clients, nationally. We offer meaningful and long-term employment, competitive pay rates, benefits and real opportunities for growth.
Our goal is simple; deliver comprehensive contingent labor solutions and excellent employment opportunities which will attract the highest quality talent. We are firmly committed to partnering with Clients that offer our workforce access to a positive work environment, productive culture, competitive wages and opportunities that align with our employees' professional goals.
Employment opportunities include a wide range of placement options: project-based, temporary to permanent hire, part-time, contract-basis, direct hire and on-demand placement.
We seek individuals that are flexible, possess relevant experience and a consistent work history. Abacus takes an individualized approach to hiring and placement and applicants will work directly with one of our staffing specialists to move through our apply, assessment and placement process.
The apply process starts with access and set-up to our applicant portal, completion of a brief online application, comprehensive interview, skills assessments, credential validation, background screening, pre-placement substance screening and completion of our on-boarding process. Our team of staffing specialists are available 24/7 to provide support and assistance.
Qualified applicants will have visibility and access to Abacus clients, across industries as we determine the "best fit" placement that meets your professional and personal goals. Once hired with Abacus, our workforce may move between assignments, clients and placement opportunities in expanding markets as we continue grow our service footprint, nationally.
Our goal is to attract, employ and retain a quality workforce that meets and exceeds our diverse client's expectations. We strive to be recognized as an "Employer of Choice" as we adhere to the fundamentals that have made our company strong:
- Value People
- Delight Customer
- Embrace Change
- Do Things Right
- Do the Right Thing
- Passion for Winning!
Job Title: Part-time Medical Administrative Assistant
Job location: Norfolk
Schedule: Monday – Friday 1PM to 5PM (20 hours/week)
Pay rate: $17.95/hour
- Responsible for ensuring accurate and timely entry of all insurance information into multiple databases.
- Process all therapy bills from outside vendors: verifying accuracy and service delivery; calculating amount owed by Part C; verifying insurance; verifying Part C eligibility; develop invoice for Financial Management and therapy provider; input all data into tracking system; submit for authorization and payment.
- Maintains the State Web-based Infant & Toddler Online Tracking System (ITOTS) tracking system for each child in Part C system through inputting confidential data on each child for ability to pay, child data collection, and case closings to ensure accountability to the State Part C Office.
- Orders and maintains supplies for ITCN staff.
- Records and tracks all ITCN staff training.
- Runs quarterly ITOTS reports to ensure accuracy between NCSB database and ITOTS.
- Develops and distributes quarterly newsletter.
- Maintains the program database to ensure all therapy services are inputted, monitoring of therapy visits and data is extracted for necessary reports.
- Responsible for running weekly Medicaid eligibility checks on all children and working with other Infant staff to ensure eligibility information is communicated to Service Coordinators, families, and the state Part C office within the required timeframes to ensure the program will have access to Medicaid funding.
- Establishes administrative/clerical procedures for unit; facilitates and monitors workflow related to correspondence and the processing of documents.
- Collaborates with Financial Management on the development and maintenance of financial tracking of allocated resources to program.
- Works with the Program Supervisor to complete quarterly Part C expenditure reports and budget reports.
- Takes minutes in team meetings, composes and distributes minutes, correspondence, form letters, etc. related to meetings and other general matters.
- Coordinates regional training activities/meetings including scheduling of presenters, distribution of materials, site set up, hospitality and registration.
- Establishes and maintains filing system.
- Sorts and distributes mail.
- Ensures building safety including annual drills, first aid supplies, emergency preparedness kit, and requesting repairs as needed.
- Provides front desk coverage.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requirements: Must have experience with medical bill and/or insurance verification.
- High School diploma/GED, supplemented by courses in business administration or related field and at least 3 years progressive experience in office administration.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook)
- Excellent customer service skills are required.