Position SummaryFighting cancer takes great strength and courage. It also takes an exceptional team of Medical Assistants working alongside our physicians to provide support and be a part of our patients’ experience in our clinics. We are looking for a dynamic, patient-centered Medical Assistants to join our exceptional team.
If you like multi-tasking and being that friendly face to patients before they meet with their doctor, we want you to join our team.
In your job, you will have the ability to make a difference in a patient’s journey by:
- Escort patients to and from exam rooms, physician offices, and treatment room as appropriate.
- Obtain all necessary patient records and vitals as required by physician prior to treatment or procedures.
- Prepare and stock exam/treatment rooms and order supplies as needed; maintain all exam/treatment room disinfection protocols.
- Assist physicians with exams and procedures as requested; administer subcutaneous and intramuscular injections, as delegated by RN or physician.
- Phone in prescriptions and make other patient calls as directed by physicians and RN; triage patient phone calls.
- Perform other administrative duties, i.e. typing, filing faxing, chart preparation, reception, etc, as requested by supervisor or physician.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 0-3 years experience as a medical assistant or nursing assistant.
- Certificate of graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants.
- Current BCLS certification required within 3 months of hire.
- Oncology experience a plus.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Our mission is to increase access to and advance the delivery of high-quality cancer care in America. As part of US Oncology, one of the nation's largest healthcare services networks dedicated exclusively to cancer treatment and research, we can quickly bring the latest advances in cancer care to our patients. Most importantly, we understand the special needs of cancer patients, and are devoted to caring for the whole person, not just the disease. Our physicians and staff treat patients in over 28 locations throughout the state including Deer Valley, Flagstaff, Glendale, Goodyear, Green Valley, Mesa, Phoenix, Prescott Valley, Scottsdale, Tempe and Tucson.
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefit package that includes, 401K Profit Sharing Plan, Critical Care Insurance, Dental Insurance, Health Spending Account, Legal Insurance, Long-Term Care, Medical Insurance, Paid Time Off Plan, Short and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Vision Insurance.
To make a difference in someone’s life, you don’t have to be brilliant, rich, beautiful or perfect. You just have to care.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.