Careerswith MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient,affordable health care and exceeding our patients’ expectations. Ourneighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medicalteam and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, andget back to what’s really important. We provide a broad scope of servicesincluding urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer healthservices. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses,we’re working together to help people live healthier lives and to help thehealth system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite teamalmost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and twoadministrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and startdoing your life’s best work.(sm)
The medical assistant is responsible forensuring the well-being of patients and for providing a positive, supportiveenvironment for patients and other staff while working in conjunction withphysicians, advanced practice clinicians, front office and clinical staff. Thesuccessful Medical Assistant will have strong communication skills and a dedicationto customer service and patient care.
- Complete provider orders per state and providerregulations
- Perform Clinical Intake with patients to include takingand recording vital signs and patient history
- Assist patients as needed with walking, transfer,specimen collection, exam preparation, etc.
- Complete occupational health testing including suchservices as urine drug screens, breath alcohol testing, hair testing andphysicals
- Complete patient referrals and patient callbacks daily
- Proper, concise and complete EMR documentation and paperbased documentation for all assessments and procedures
- Other duties as assigned such as new models of care andnew types of procedures, etc.
- Manage inventory of supplies; restock exam/procedurerooms
- Maintain clinical supplies and equipment and ensureproper storage of biohazards
- Prepare patient rooms, set up instruments and equipmentaccording to protocol
- Clean exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipmentbetween patient visits to maintain infection control
This roleis center-based and requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level ismoderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases andblood-borne pathogens. It requires the ability to stand and sit for hours at atime (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity inrelation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs. Hours may varybased on location, patient volume, and business needs.
You’ll be rewardedand recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge youand give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as wellas provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- HighSchool Diploma or GED
- Completionof medical assistant training program and/or 3+ years of direct patient careexperience performing medical assistant clinical duties in an urgent care,physician practice, or emergency room setting
- Mustmeet all other state requirements by law, including but not limited to allstate requirements, and licenses, where applicable
- In the state of Nebraska (NE), must be registered with the NE Department of Health & Human Services as a Medication Aide, or make arrangements with Clinical Leadership to obtain promptly upon hire.
- If required by state must maintain current certification from the Certifying Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) or registration from the American Medical Technologists (AMT), or any other recognized certifying body approved by the Board.
- Knowledgeof federal, state and local laws and regulations including OSHA and HIPAArequirements
- Knowledgeof computerized information systems (EMR) used in clinical management settings
- Priorexperience with employer health services (including urine drug screens, breathalcohol, DOT physicals, etc.)
- Directexperience with the following tasks:
- Clinicalintake, patient data collection
- Laboratoryspecimen collection (blood-draw/venipuncture, urine collection, point of caretesting, etc.)
- PerformingEKG testing
- Applicationof orthopedic devices, such as preformed splints
- Performingbasic wound care
- Reviewof basic instructions such as use of patient assistive devices (crutch fitting& walking)
Proofof immunity to vaccine-preventable diseases is an employment requirement.
OptumCareis committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they dobest: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative andbusiness support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practiceswhich are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physicianemployees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-makingand patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or controlthe practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of theirphysicians.
Careerswith UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start witha Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already andbuilding the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccableexecution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, yournear-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture?UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities,military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. Webring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improvetheir lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where youcan do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversitycreates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practicesare Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status,disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, maritalstatus, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCareand its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates arerequired to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
JobKeywords: Medical Assistant,Certified Medical Assistant, Registered Medical Assistant, MA, CMA, RMA,MedExpress, Hilltop, MN, Minnesota