Children’s Minnesota is the seventh largest pediatric health system in the United States and the only health system in Minnesota to provide care exclusively to children, from before birth through young adulthood. An independent and not-for-profit system since 1924, Children’s serves kids throughout the Upper Midwest at two free-standing hospitals, 12 primary and specialty care clinics and six rehabilitation sites. Additionally, Children’s is Minnesota's only Level I pediatric trauma center inside a hospital dedicated solely to children. In 2018 Children’s Minnesota was verified as a Level I Children’s Surgery Center by the American College of Surgeons. Children’s maintains its longstanding commitment to the community to improve children’s health by providing high-quality, family-centered pediatric services and advancing those efforts through research and education. This work is made possible in large part by generous philanthropic and volunteer support from individuals and organizations throughout the state and region. An award-winning health system, Children’s received Magnet® recognition from The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) in 2018 and is regularly ranked by U.S. News & World Report as a top children’s hospital. Please visit childrensMN.org.
At Children's Minnesota, we’re focused on a vision to become every family's essential partner in raising healthier children. We strive each day to create a work environment where professionals can come to bring this vision to life. In addition to hospitals in both Minneapolis and St. Paul, Children's has pediatric, specialty and rehab clinics throughout the metro area. Our Clinics not only offer a small office atmosphere; they also provide you the opportunity to become a valued member of a larger prominent Healthcare system.
The Medical Assistant role will provide professional family-centered care to infants, children, and adolescents as delegated by a provider or RN which may include the following duties:
* Escort patients to exam room and appropriately document information.
* Prepare and administer medications and injections as directed by a clinician.
* Perform and assist with procedures and treatments as directed by clinician, such as; administering hearing/vision tests, rapid strep testing, nebulizer treatments and urine catheterizations.
* Perform laboratory specimen collection and processing to ensure the accurate and appropriate performance of patient testing while maintaining patient dignity, comfort and confidentiality.
* Maintain knowledge of, and comply with, all relevant laws, regulations and policies, procedures and standards.
* Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant or LPN program.
* 1 year experience in a clinic setting or completion of Medical Assistant externship at a Children's Minnesota Clinic.
* Pediatric experience.
* Phlebotomy and basic laboratory skills (if required by clinic site).
* Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
Please click here to view the Physical Demands
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of an occupational health assessment, drug screen, background investigation, and compliance with the U.S. Government Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. Children's requires proof of immunity to vaccine preventable infectious diseases prior to employment, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Children’s Minnesota is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.