The Medical Assistant (MA) supports providers and other members of the health care team in clinic offices by performing a variety of back office patient related tasks and ensuring smooth patient and work flow within the department. Adheres to affiliate policies and procedures and supports the mission and vision statement.
Work From Home Information
Preferred candidates will be local to the state of Utah
• HS Diploma or equivalent education/experience is required.
• Graduate of a accredited Medical Assisting Program including a minimum of 160 back office extern hours if required.
• A minimum of 160 hours of back office externship hours is required.
Skills & Knowledge
• Knowledge of basic anatomy and physiology
• Knowledge of medical terminology and abbreviations
• Knowledge of universal precautions
• Knowledge of medication administration including medication dosage calculations
• Strong verbal/written communication and active listening skills; including excellent interpersonal skills and telephone communication
• Basic computer skills to include keyboarding, mouse movement and data entry skills to enter information into practice management and EHR
• Ability to effectively organize and prioritize tasks in order to complete assignments within the time allotted and maintain standard workflow
• Ability to maintain composure during challenging interpersonal interactions
• Ability to process requests quickly, accurately, and consistently with general supervision
• Applies moderate mental application and concentration to handle varying procedures and interruptions
• Ability to work with others in a flexible and cooperative manner
• Visual capabilities to observe patients
• Basic math skills
• Ability to learn new functional processes
• Requires the ability to work with and maintain confidential information
• Bilingual in one other language is desired for this role to better serve the community and patient population, preferred
- Professional Development
- Life Insurance
- Vacation/paid time off
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement