Assists physicians with direct patient care. Interviews patients, measures vital signs and records information on patient's charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients. Drapes patients with covering and positions instruments and equipment. Prepares patients and assists physician with minor surgical procedures. Maintains inventory of supplies, sterilizes instruments and equipment. May complete lab tests and/or x-rays and/or EKG equipment with the scope of CMA credentials. Cleans and sterilizes instruments.
- Completion of approved Medical Assistant Program or 6-18 months of documented experience in medical office environment per a physician, of oral and injectable medication administration.
- 12 Plus months experience, Specific specialty experience may be required for some practices
- Oral and injectable medication administration
- Basic computer skills
- Basic medical equipment and instrumentation
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and procedures.