JOB TITLE: Medical Assistant Instructor
Vandelay Education is seeking energetic and professional medical professionals with a passion for training the next generation. Instructor positions are PART-TIME with classes held on Tuesdays 6-10 pm and Saturdays from 7:00 AM to 6 PM.
MINIMUM STATE REQUIREMENTS:
- A high school diploma or GED
- 5+ YEARS (including months) of medical assistant or related experience
- Current experience in MEDICAL ASSISTANT skills and procedures
- CMA, RMA, CCMA credentials a PLUS!
- Current CPR/BLS certification preferred
Our intense, 24-week program is designed to provide accessible, hands-on education to students from all walks of life. Classes take place directly in a medical practice rather than in a traditional classroom -- allowing students to learn in the very same environment they will eventually work in.
TOPICS OF INSTRUCTION:
- Medical Law and Ethics
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Patient Communication
- Injections and Phlebotomy
- Medical Terminology
- CLIA –Waived Labs
- Electronic Medical Records
Instructors are expected to use their field experience and training to teach our students the skills they need to succeed as entry-level medical assistants.
- Prepare for each class by reviewing the curriculum, lab stations, and Powerpoint presentations provided.
- Deliver Powerpoint-based lectures, supplementing with real-life work experience as needed.
- Demonstrate medical skills/procedures and assist students as they practice hands-on in the lab.
- Evaluate individual/group performance and make any necessary adjustments to meet student learning needs.
- Monitor student attendance and coordinate with our Administrative Office when absences occur.
- Enforce classroom management (i.e. students are expected to be respectful, professional, and well-behaved; office workspaces and common areas are expected to be kept clean, etc.) and ensure that safety precautions are adhered to.
SALARY: Starting at $19/HOUR
- Knowledge of the subjects covered in our curriculum, as well as the ability to convey them via lecture and hands-on demonstration.
- Strong communication skills.
- Basic computer skills such as emailing, printing, scanning, troubleshooting, connecting to WiFi, etc.
- A passion for helping others achieve their personal goals.
- Prior teaching or training experience