Full-Time 80 Hours per pay period, Days
Monday - Friday 8a-5p (stay until 6pm possibly once/month or to cover an 8am - 12pm shift on Saturday every other month)
Position Summary: Provides professional clinical care to patients receiving treatments and examination in an outpatient clinical setting, under the supervision of the attending provider and practice office manager. Responsibilities will be performing nasal and nasopharyngeal swabs on patients being tested for potential covid. Resulting rapid results to ordering providers and processing swabs going to outside lab for pickup. Full PPE required. Once test site is no longer needed employee will be cross trained to assist in our walk in clinic and to work directly with provider for scheduled appointments.
Position accountabilities to include but not limited to:
- Assesses patient’s general condition and takes vital signs and weight.
- Assists provider with examinations, diagnostic procedures and treatments. To include but not limited to, phlebotomy, injections, suturing, and other typical office procedures.
- Orients, instructs and trains assigned personnel as applicable.
- Provides basic patient care as ordered.
- Assures test results are received and relayed to patient in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to patient's comfort and privacy by using the AIDET fundamentals of communication.
- Documents all interventions, patient/family responses, medication dispensed/prescribed, etc., in the medical record.
- Promotes wellness by providing patient education materials, communicating provider’s advice and instructions.
- Triages patient phone calls regarding urgency of appointments.
- Ensures an adequate stock of supplies and well maintained equipment.
- Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records. Maintains all required reports, records, statistics, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality in matters regarding the practice, its patients and employees.
- Ability to use a variety of office and medical equipment including, but not limited to, telephone, computer, fax, stethoscope, EKG machine, ear washing equipment, scales, thermometers, blood pressure cuff, and basic lab equipment.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work area.
- Maintains equipment in clean operating condition.
- Perform referrals and pre-certifications as needed and where applicable.
- May schedule patient appointments per physician order and relay accurately to patients.
- Take calls from hospitals/ nursing homes and relays appropriate information to practitioner in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with the patient, physician and other care team members as part of a team based approach to overall patient care.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education: None specified; however, must be sufficient to meet the standards for achievement of the below indicated license and/or certification as required by the issuing authority.
Minimum Experience: Three (3+) years of experience required in either field or combination thereof.
Licensure Requirement: Must be either a licensed LPN/LVN or hold CCMA or equivalent recognized MA certification. CPR required.