The Medical Assistant performs various patient care activities and related non-professional services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. They assist the professional and technical nursing staff by performing any delegated duties, specialized procedures and assists with the care of clinic patients.
- High school diploma required; Graduate of a Certified Medical Assistant Program preferred; ECG Rhythm Interpretation Course
- Basic mathematical skills
- Preferred but not required: CPR (lifesaver) certified; Current Medical Laboratory Assistant License
- Ability to read, write, and speak intelligible English; Ability to communicate with patient, family, peers and medical personnel
- Requires emotional stability and resilience. Must be adaptable to change and receptive to delegated responsibilities