Seeking a bilingual Medical Assistant to work in our Family Medicine department supporting physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and/or nurses by taking vitals, assisting in medical examinations and other specific procedures, and providing translation services.
Vista Community Clinic is a non-profit organization that is working to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services and education for those who need it most.
- Prepare patients for examination and assist providers with the examination and/or procedure
- Take vital signs, height and weight of patients; plot growth charts; administer immunizations
- Perform laboratory and screening tests customarily performed in a medical office such as visual acuity, audiometric screening, Snellen tests, spirometry tests and EKG’s
- Give counseling, care and follow-up instructions, health education and materials to patients as instructed by provider
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Clinical Medical Assistant Certification indicating completion of program from an approved school or hospital including externship
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Current CPR certification
- Minimum of one year back office experience in a clinical environment
- Phlebotomy experience; certificate preferred
- Good knowledge of general back office procedures, such as taking vitals, performing venipuncture, administering immunizations, etc
- Good comprehensive knowledge of medical terminology in English and Spanish
- Emergency response capability for possible crisis situations