- Lexington, MA 02421
- Job Type
Pelham Academy is 36-bed residential treatment program servicing a traumatized and/or disenfranchised population of adolescent girls. Pelham Academy specializes in trauma treatment and uses the ARC Model in all interventions. Pelham Academy utilizes a range of expressive and body-oriented modalities to provide exceptional, individualized care to our students.
The ideal Medical Assistant will be a team player capable of effectively working across departments within the milieu & school setting as well as communicating with guardians and outpatient healthcare providers. Candidates should be organized, detail-oriented, follow policies about medical and clinical care, and have the ability to work independently.
Schedule can vary but is typically 7:30am-3:30pm or 1pm-9pm.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administration and documentation of student medications.
- Completing basic assessments within scope of practice.
- Educating and providing health care services to promote healthy choices that enhances students’ physical and mental well-being.
- Acting as an advocate while accompanying students on medical appointments.
- Working as a team to create, support, and implement treatment plans.
- Medical Assistant Certificate.
- Residential program or mental health program experience preferred; experience working with specialized populations of adolescents preferred.
- Meet programs background and driving record check requirements.
- Maintains valid driver’s license.
- Position requires mostly mid-day/evening shifts with holiday and weekend availability required as well.
Offer includes: Access to our excellent Blue Cross medical and Delta Dental benefits, 401K matched up to $800 a year, tuition reimbursement up to $4000 per year, pension after 5 years of employment, generous paid time off up to 19 days for full time employees in your first year and much more!
JRI is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to building and maintaining a diverse community. Persons from diverse backgrounds including women, communities of color, the LGBTQ community and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Posted 30+ days ago