Now hiring Medical Assistants for contract positions. The pay rate is $16.50 per hour.
Our Medical Assistants may work in various facilities including pharmacies, clinics, hospitals, or assisted living centers working as part of a vaccination team. Duties may include both administrative and clinical (detailed below). Assignments may last up to 6 months.
- Managing office telephone systems, including answering calls and returning messages.
- Scheduling patient appointments and maintaining communication to confirm future appointments.
- Documenting patients' medical information, including medical history and health insurance information.
- Performing data entry tasks to document patient records within facility databases and maintaining patient files.
- Coordinating daily office activities, greeting patients and checking patients in and out for their appointments.
Medical assistants may be responsible for performing a variety of clinical tasks, depending on the size and needs of their workplace. Some common clinical tasks these professionals do can include:
- Administering COVID vaccinations under the direction of a supervising physician.
- Recording patients' vital signs, documenting physicians' notes and changes in medical conditions.
- Taking tissue and fluid samples and sending them in for laboratory analysis.
- Prepping exam rooms for clinical procedures and assisting practitioners with patient care.
- Assisting physicians during routine checkups, outpatient procedures and other physical exams.
- Monitoring and documenting patient symptoms for physicians' review during clinical exams.
- Providing compassionate patient support and care, attention and assistance during office visits.
- Preparing and administering medications under the direction of a supervising physician.
Certification & Experience Required
- Clinical training from a vocational college or technical institute.
- CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) preferred.
- Minimum 1 year working in a medical setting.
- Minimum 1 year performing basic clinical tasks.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Familiarity with digital records systems.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate.