Primary Location : Connecticut-Bridgeport-St Vincents Medical Center (10427)
Job : Nursing Support
Organization : St. Vincent's Medical Center
Job Posting : Jan 18, 2020
Medical Assistant (MA) - Ambulatory Infusion Center - ( 20151827 )
DescriptionWork where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 25,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute focuses on offering our cancer patients an unparalleled network of coordinated services– all under one roof. Our system of care includes a truly integrated team with the most talented, experienced, and compassionate caregivers and physicians, backed by the latest cutting-edge technology.
The Medical Assistant will work in our Ambulatory Infusion Center; responsible for assisting the Registered Nurses by performing all aspects of medical assisting to include phlebotomy and laboratory testing in a busy medical oncology office/infusion center setting
- Responsible for escorting patients to exam rooms and preparing them for the physician visit and for performing various preliminary portions of visit such as vital signs, weight and specimen collections (phlebotomy), providing nourishments, and cleaning equipment.
- Responsible for a full range of administrative support in a medical office setting providing duties from scheduling appointments, calling pharmacies, billing patients and verifying precertification’s for chemotherapy to triaging phone calls from patients, physicians and insurance companies, while maintaining patient and business confidentiality to ensure that the needs of patient are met..
- Assists in maintaining an up-to-date electronic medical record filing system.
- Performs laboratory clerical functions accurately and efficiently for compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for performing processing of specimens and clerical activities
- Performs laboratory specimen preparation and processing for the following departments: Cytology, Anatomic Pathology, and/or Microbiology
- Assists in the support functions of the department and providers including, but not limited to, data entry, filing, reagent handling and preparation, slide preparation, planting of cultures, and assisting with bone marrow biopsies by setting up the room and assisting the provider in the room during the procedure.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
QualificationsEducation: High School Diploma. Diploma from an accredited medical assistant program and/or Medical Assistant Certification required (CMA, RMA)
- Knowledge of medical oncology office practice and infusion strongly preferred
- Minimum One Year of Medical office experience preferred.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Standard Hours Per Week : 40
Schedule : Full-time (40 hours)