Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 25,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Join an established interdisciplinary team that supports staff through daily team huddles and weekly medical support team meetings to review workflows, barriers and opportunities for improvement and interacting with colleagues. There are many professional development and continuing education opportunities. The department has a commitment to focus on employee well-being, work-life balance, and professional growth. There is also regular engagement with Department Medical Director & Administrator.
- Provides clinical support and case management services to support physicians and APRN’s in Outpatient Behavioral Health setting.
- Respond to telephone requests for medication; collect medical information related to refill requests; verify medication requests; place orders for providers related to medications; e-prescribe/call in medication refills for non-controlled substances with a providers order; and inform patients of normal test results.
- Fulfill patient care responsibilities as assigned that may include: scheduling appointments; checking provider schedules; facilitating timely patient access and clinical flow; accompanying patients between behavioral health units, the lab, or the emergency department; assisting patients as needed with walking; toileting; collecting urine specimens, preparing for provider sessions; ambulating to/from transportation; placing calls to family/agency support; collecting patient history; performing screenings per provider guidelines; assisting physicians/nurses with various approved procedures; charting; scheduling appointments; verifying insurance; medication authorizations; relaying instructions to patients/families; answering calls, and providing pertinent patient resource information.
- Assist providers with various patient support responsibilities that include: setting up provider rooms, obtaining forms/materials for providers; cleaning provider/nursing rooms and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control; and inventory control/ordering/stocking of supplies needed by providers; administration of patient screening instruments for providers; collects and enter patient data as assigned by the Clinical Manager.
- Provide support to patients as indicated while they are waiting to be seen for appointments.
- High School diploma or GED is required
- Associate's degree is preferred
- Experience in the field of behavioral health and/or medical practice
- Completion of a Medical Assistant Training Program
As a Hartford HealthCare entity, Charlotte Hungerford provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits package and all the benefits of working in a small town/semi-rural setting:
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Paid time off with accrual starting on the date of hire, including six paid holidays
- Additional voluntary benefits as well as employee discount programs
- Stress free commute; Free parking / no shuttles
- Dedicated Nurse/Clinical Assistant Office Space
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.