Join our remarkable team and be a part of the talent that makes UW Health the best work and academic environments.
We are currently seeking a Medical Assistant to:
- Join our team of Internal Medicine providers who provide diagnosis and treatment of both acute and chronic illnesses, gynecological care and urgent care.
- Promote healthy lifestyles, wellness and education.
- Provide quality care in a compassionate and patient-family centered environment.
- Prepare patients for examination, obtain vital signs, document chief complaint, medications and allergies, perform EKG’s and administer medications and treatments.
Minimum – Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program, licensure as an LPN, completion of the UW Health Medical Assistant certification program or completion of CCMA as a UW Health employee.
Minimum – Will consider new Medical Assistant and LPN graduates.
Preferred – One (1) year experience as a Certified Medical Assistant or LPN.
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum – Certified as CMA, RMA or CCMA or eligible for certification. Certification must be obtained within one year of hire from date of hire. CPR Certification.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to make judgments in demanding situations.
- Ability to react to frequent changes in duties and volume of work.
- Commitment to respectful patient and family-centered care.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
Physical Requirements: Medium:Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting/and or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Work Schedule: 60% FTE, 24 hours per week. Scheduled shifts are varied in days and length (4 to 12 hour shifts). Weekdays working hours between 0730-2100; weekends working hours between 0745-1800. This does include an every-other weekend rotation. Hours may vary based upon the operational needs of the department.
Pay: UW Health offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Work experience that is relevant to the position will be taken into consideration when determining the starting base pay.
Sign-On Bonus: This position is eligible for up to a $3,000 sign-on bonus (pro-rated on FTE/Hours).
UW Health Clinics - our physicians and staff are dedicated to providing an exceptional patient and family experience by delivering the highest quality of care in a compassionate environment. With more than 80 primary and specialty care clinics located throughout Dane County and the surrounding areas, we are proud to have the opportunity to impact the communities we serve.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.