We Are Hiring
Title: Medical Assistant 4
City, State: Troy,MI
Location: Troy Family Care - 41069 Dequindre Rd., Suite 103, Troy, MI 48085
Department: Troy Family Care
Additional Job Details: Full-Time,Day, 36 hours,Weekly - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. Hours from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Why Join Ascension?
Our Mission, Vision and Values: St. John Providence Health System, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
The Medical Assistant assists with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician.
- Assists with treatments ordered by physician as supervised by physician or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- Maintains clean, safely equipped and adequately supplied exam rooms. Inventories clinical supplies and places supply orders to maintain desired inventory levels.
- Complies with CLIA, OSHA, Joint Commission and other regulatory agency standards. Participates in in-service programs as needed. Follows infection controls and safety policies.
- Arranges for all diagnostic tests, makes future appointments for visits, and makes referrals. Provides referral forms and obtains authorizations as necessary.
- Administers medications including injectables according to approved procedures and provider instructions. Documents administration in patient's chart. Collects and packages specimens for lab processing. Performs routine office lab tests, EKGs, xrays and other procedures as ordered. Instructs patients regarding preparation for tests and signing consent forms when necessary.
- Required Credential(s):
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- Medical Assistant certification or registration required within 90 days of hire/transfer date.
- 6 months of previous medical office experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. John Providence Health System provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within St. John Providence Health System will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with St. John Providence Health System.
St. John Providence Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.