Assists in examination and treatment of patients under direction of Physician, Advanced Practitioner and/ or RN in compliance with state practice acts and regulations.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and records information on patients'charts.
- Prepares treatment rooms and patients for examination.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments.
- Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials.
- Operates electrocardiograph (EKG) and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests.
- Gives injections or treatments and performs routine laboratory tests.
- Schedules appointments and makes follow up phone calls to patients.
- Performs administrative tasks, completes appropriate client company and OSHA regulated forms and provides assistance at front desk.
- Keys data into computer to maintain clinic and patient records.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Associate's degree or equivalent from an accredited Medical Assistant training program
- Current certification in ARC or AHA Basic Life Support required.
- Knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software
- Certification or eligibility for certification as a Medical Assistant from the American Academy of Medical Assistants, the American Medical Technologist Organization, the National Center for Competency Testing or current registration with the American Registry of Medical Assistants
- Proficiency in phlebotomy preferred
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records