Dignity Health Medical Foundation, established in 1993, is a California nonprofit public benefit corporation with care centers throughout California. Dignity Health Medical Foundation is an affiliate of Dignity Health - one of the largest health systems in the nation - with hospitals and care centers in California, Arizona and Nevada. Today, Dignity Health Medical Foundation works hand-in-hand with physicians and providers throughout California to provide comprehensive health care services to the many communities we serve. As Dignity Health Medical Foundation continues to grow and establish new premier care centers, we provide increasing support and investment in the latest technologies, finest physicians and state-of-the-art medical facilities. We strive to create purposeful work settings where staff can provide great care, while advancing in knowledge and experience through challenging work assignments and stimulating relationships. Our staff is well-trained and highly skilled, qualities that are vital to maintaining excellence in care and service.
Dignity Health Medical Group – Ventura County, a service of Dignity Health Medical Foundation, is a multi-specialty clinic with seven locations in Ventura County, including Camarillo, Oxnard and Thousand Oaks. Along with our local affiliated Dignity Health hospitals (St. John’s Pleasant Valley Hospital and St. John’s Regional Medical Center), we offer an integrated care delivery system that provides high quality, compassionate care in family medicine, internal medicine, infectious disease, OB/GYN, hematology and oncology, neurology, pediatrics, and rheumatology.
Position Summary:The Medical Assistant/Medical Office Representative (MA/MOR) position is responsible for knowing his/her professional scope of practice as defined by the California Business and Professional Code. This role is responsible for back office and front office duties. The MA maintains a clean, organized, and safe environment, and performs patient care services that support the physician/ provider's practice under the clinical supervision of the Physician, Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant or Licensed Vocational Nurse. The MOR is the first point of customer contact and is responsible for coordinating all patient requests for referrals and authorizations.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Satisfactory completion of formal Medical Assistant program pursuant to the Division of Allied Health Professions or military training that is equivalent to an accredited Medical Assistant program (determination by DHMF HR department in conjunction with the State Division of Allied Health)
- Excellent interpersonal, organization and customer service skills
- Medical terminology, familiarity with CPT and ICD-9 coding procedures and reference tools and pharmacology appropriate to the Medical Assistant scope of practice is essential
- Keyboarding skills and the ability to utilize computer equipment and software are required as is experience with other types of standard office equipment
- Current BLS certification through the American Heart Association (AHA)
- Six (6) months experience in an outpatient setting as a Medical Assistant
- Six (6) months experience in an outpatient setting as a Medical Office Receptionist or an equivalent amount of experience in a high volume customer service role in another industry/environment working with referrals or scheduling surgeries
- Experience in billing
- Familiarity with an electronic practice management system is preferred
- Experience with multi-line phones/ACD phones preferred
- Medical terminology preferred