Dignity Health Medical Foundation, established in 1993, is a California nonprofit public benefit corporation with care centers throughout California. Dignity Health Medical Foundation is an affiliate of Dignity Health - one of the largest health systems in the nation - with hospitals and care centers in California, Arizona and Nevada. Today, Dignity Health Medical Foundation works hand-in-hand with physicians and providers throughout California to provide comprehensive health care services to the many communities we serve. As Dignity Health Medical Foundation continues to grow and establish new premier care centers, we provide increasing support and investment in the latest technologies, finest physicians and state-of-the-art medical facilities. We strive to create purposeful work settings where staff can provide great care, while advancing in knowledge and experience through challenging work assignments and stimulating relationships. Our staff is well-trained and highly skilled, qualities that are vital to maintaining excellence in care and service.
Dignity Health Medical Group – Sequoia, a service of Dignity Health Medical Foundation, is committed to serving the continuing health care needs of the Bay Area on the peninsula and beyond. With a growing list of primary and specialty care clinics, along with our Dignity Health/GoHealth Urgent Care Centers, local affiliated Dignity Health hospital (Sequoia Hospital), and other City of San Francisco locations (via Dignity Health Medical Group – Saint Francis/St. Mary’s and Saint Francis Memorial Hospital and St. Mary’s Medical Center), we offer an integrated care delivery system that provides primary care for family medicine and internal medicine, surgical services that include general, vascular, gynecological, cardiothoracic, and orthopedics, and a growing list of neurologist, cardiologists, endocrinologists, infectious disease and sports medicine specialists.
ResponsibilitiesThe Float Medical Assistant/Medical Office Representative (MA/MOR) position is responsible for knowing his/her professional scope of practice as defined by the California Business and Professional Code and for satisfactorily completing the Dignity Health Medical Foundation (DHMF)orientation period that includes demonstrating skills and behaviors that meet a fully competent level of performance. The MA maintains a clean, organized, and safe environment, and performs patient care services that support the physician/ provider's practice under the clinical supervision of the Physician, Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant or Licensed Vocational Nurse. This includes assisting in prepping patients for examinations or procedures, assisting with procedures, relaying instructions from the physician to a patient or authorized person, and collecting patient data. Documenting patient concerns, patient messages, and care provided to the patient in the patient's medical record for the physician's review. Administering medications specifically directed by the physician and performing accurate vital sign measurements and documentation. The Medical Office Representative position is the first point of phone customer service contact. This position will provide excellent customer service through communications and appropriate distribution of phone calls and messages. The Medical Office Representative may also perform a variety of other duties including but not limited to collecting and updating demographics and insurance information, verification of health plan eligibility, taking complete and accurate messages, and scheduling mutually acceptable appointment times utilizing an electronic practice management system. The Medical Office Representative may also be asked to perform other clerical duties as needed and requested to support daily clinic operation goals, bench marks, and quality patient care initiatives per departmental guidelines. Floats will be assigned to various clinic locations per business need.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required
- Satisfactory completion of a formal Medical Assistant program pursuant to the Division of Allied Health Professions, or military training that is equivalent to an accredited Medical Assistant program (determination by Dignity Health Medical Foundation HR department in conjunction with the State Division of Allied Health Professions), required
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and customer service skills required
- Medical terminology, familiarity with CPT and ICD-10 coding procedures and reference tools, and pharmacology appropriate to the Medical Assistant scope of practice required
- Keyboarding skills and the ability to utilize computer equipment and software required, as is experience with other types of standard office equipment
- Current BLS certification required (must be certified through the American Heart Association)
- Six (6) month's experience in an outpatient setting as a Medical Assistant preferred
- Six (6) month's experience in an outpatient setting as a Medical Office Receptionist preferred
- or an equivalent amount of experience in a high-volume customer service role in another industry/environment
- or 6 months experience as a Phone Receptionist or Health Information Associate within Dignity Health Medical Foundation
- Familiarity with an electronic practice management system preferred
- Experience with multi-line phones/ACD phones preferred