Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health!
This is what we were meant to do - Together! Job Description Job Responsibilities Job Requirements
Job DescriptionAs a medical assistant, you wear many hats. Mercy Health has many hats for you to wear. We’re a faith-based healthcare organization that gives care to those who need it the most. And we need your expertise. We’re looking for medical assistants in our physician offices and other healthcare facilities. You’ll be part of a team that thrives on positive collaboration. You’ll work with a great support. And you’ll be part of a shared commitment to give our patients the best care.
Job ResponsibilitiesAs a medical assistant at Mercy Health, you’ll support our doctors. You’ll also interview patients for medical history, health concerns, vital signs and more.You’ll also need to:· Answer and route patient phone calls.· Call or fax prescriptions to pharmacies.· Pre-authorize prescriptions, perform outpatient testing and record results.· Call other departments, doctors and agencies.· Schedule appointments and help complete forms and insurance verification.· Enter patient data. · Follow the proper procedures, policies and standards.· Schedule tests.· Care for patients in a safe, knowledgeable, skillful and consistent manner.· Strive for the best patient outcomes.· Recognize and report potential safety issues.· Maintain confidentiality and be a patient advocate.· Keep the environment clean, neat and safe.· Wear other hats, as needed.
Job RequirementsWe’re looking for kind, reliable and dedicated medical assistants — the type of professional who always puts the patient first. Things move quickly around here, so your hats should also include multi-tasking, organization and flexibility. You’ll need good communication skills, too — so you can help patients be their healthy best.Specifically, you’ll need:
- High school diploma or GED required (candidate must provide verification)
- Medical Assistant Qualifications:
- 2 year Associates Degree/Diploma in Medical Assisting, or
- One of the following-
- Certified Medical Assistant (AAMA or NHA); or
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA), or
- Must have at least 3 years of direct medical assisting experience in a physician practice or ambulatory setting within the last 5 years.
- Computer Skills, Verbal and written communication skills, and Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience.Must become Certified or Registered within a certain time from date of hire by one of the following programs-
- American Medical Technologists – Registered Medical Assistant (RMA)
- American Association of Medical Assistants – Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
- Or Assessment-Bases Recognition in Order Entry (ABR-OE)
- National Healthcareer Association – Clinical Medical Assistant Certification (CCMA)
- National Association for Health Professionals – Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (NRCMA)
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Great health, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- And a lot more
cheduled Weekly Hours:
Days (United States of America)
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
- Performance bonus
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Health Care On Site
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Gym Memberships
- Long Term Disability
- Military Leave
- Merchandise Discounts
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Events
- On Site Cafeteria
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Employee Referral Program
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Schedules
- Vacation/paid time off
- Life Insurance