Responsible for several important patient care tasks and plays a critical front line role that requires great communication, customer service, and organizational skills. Responsibilities include pretesting, maintaining clinical records and charts through electronic medical records, care and cleaning of medical equipment.
This position requires the ability to communicate and work well with older adults and those with special needs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist doctor with patient care in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Responsible for pretesting duties.
- Maintains current and accurate clinical records and charts through electronic medical records.
- Responsible for all care and cleaning of medical equipment.
- Able to multitask, be detail oriented and demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
- Ensure a positive experience for our patients.
- Communicate effectively with all patients, family members, providers, faculty, and staff.
- Provide timely responses to patient inquiries; document conversations in the EMR.
- Requires travel up to 100% of the time.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with staff and residents in long term care facilities for company provided services to residents to improve their overall health and quality of life.
- Verifies facility schedules and resident’s orders in advance and all materials needed for site visits to assure everything is ready and prepared for the visits.
- Prepares exam area for receiving patients such as, cleaning and sanitizing area, and equipment preparation and set-up and may include transporting patients to and from exam and patient areas, by following company policies.
- Performs various administrative duties such as, organizing and planning the next week’s visits such as:
- Entering and maintaining patient medical records containing history, exams and visit records into the EMR medical records system, keeping track of residents’ prescriptions and orders, repairs/adjustments, etc. and uploading necessary patient documents such as, disclosures, waivers, etc.
- Keeping supply inventory stocked and request needed items when supply gets low.
- Checking schedules to ensure team has what is needed for each resident on the schedule prior to the visit.
- Cleans and breaks down the exam area after visit is complete, including cleaning and disinfecting medical equipment or instruments.
- Actively supports and complies with all components of the compliance program, including, but not limited to, completion of training and reporting of suspected violations of law and Company policy.
- Reacts positively to change and performs other duties as assigned.
- High School education or GED.
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology.
- Medical Assistant experience preferred.
- Must have valid TB skin test.
- Must complete COVID screening as required by state or facility.
- Must have own reliable transportation and good driving record.
- Must have good computer skills and medical terminology experience.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to follow directions and listen to needs of patients and doctors.
- Able to multitask, be detailed oriented and demonstrate exceptional customer service.
- Critical thinking/Solutions-based skills required for a time sensitive environment
- Must have integrity, being honest and ethical
- Must be compassionate and sensitive to other’s needs and feelings
- Must be able to work independently as well as being a team member
- Must demonstrate leadership skills with co-workers, clients, and the public in general
- Must have initiative to take on responsibilities and challenges
We will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
This position requires a 2 hour travel radius as needed.
**Mileage reimbursement is offered
Candidate will need reliable transportation and an excellent driving record.
No evenings or weekends