Come work for one of the fastest-growing Urgent Care companies in the Northeast, PhysicianOne Urgent Care. Founded in 2008, PhysicianOne Urgent Care was the first in the region to be accredited and certified by the Urgent Care Association. PhysicianOne Urgent Care is proud to be an Affiliate of Yale-New Haven Health in Connecticut and New York and partnered with Wellforce/Tufts Medical Center in Massachusetts. We currently operate a network of twenty-three Urgent Care centers in Connecticut, New York, and Massachusetts. We are a hard-working team that is relentless in building a great company focused on patients, culture, and performance.
We are currently seeking well-qualified talent for our PhysicianOne Mobile Response Team.
The Medical Assistant will assist Providers; as part of the COVID-19 Mobile Response Unit. Primary functions would include conducting COVID screening and COVID PCR and antibody testing in the field at Community based events. Care and treatment of patients conducted by following PhysicianOne Urgent Care standards and practices as directed by the event leader. Performs other clerical and administrative tasks as required in the preparation of mobile events. Emulates the ideals set forth in the PhysicianOne Urgent Care Mission Statement.
The Medical Assistants duties shall include, but not be limited to:
- Demonstrates a high level of interpersonal and communication skills necessary to consistently receive, greet and interact with patients, visitors, and staff members in a professional manner
- Answers questions and gives information directly or via the telephone within the limits of knowledge and medical practice policies
- Handles patient correspondence, phone calls, faxes, pharmacy calls, and follow-up calls
- Maintains the strictest confidentiality
- Prepare documents and packets needed for events in advance as directed by MRC
- Complies with all HIPPA regulations with regards to patient privacy
- Complies with all OSHA safety standards
- Obtains pertinent clinical information including the patient’s complaint, health history, and measurement of vital signs
- Prepares patient for examination
- Prepares for all necessary procedures and treatments according to established specifications
- Assists providers with examinations, procedures, and treatments
- Performs diagnostic tests including
- throat and nasal swabs
- Performs CLIA-waived lab tests; draws blood and collects, labels and processes specimens to send to the laboratory
- Provides discharge instructions as ordered by the Provider
- Maintains proficiency in all areas by attending in-service training as required
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Tech Savvy, computer skills
- Must be able to perform each essential duty related to examination, diagnostic and treatment room responsibilities satisfactorily
- Ability to initiate and complete tasks related to job duties without the direct request of a supervisor
- Ability to work well with others and be willing to help when needed
- Maintains the strictest confidentiality of patient information
- Ability to multi-task with patients and other responsibilities
- Willingness to adhere to all in-house and legal regulations
- Familiarity with EHR and EMR records systems
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Sound medical reasoning skills and strong medical ethics
- Ability to multi-task in an environment of continuous improvement
This job operates in multiple onsite locations that may not be a medical environment. This role routinely travels and will need to be flexible as locations may vary often. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
The hours of work and days vary and may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
This position does require travel. Some out of the area travel may be expected.
- High School Diploma is required
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant/ LPN program is required
- Valid Driver License and reliable transportation