As the multi-specialty group practice for the faculty of the University of Minnesota Medical School, University of Minnesota Physicians has more than 950 physicians and 1,600 health professionals, providing clinical care in over 100 specialty and sub-specialty areas. Our mission is three-fold: delivering exceptional patient care, advancing medicine through research, and training the next generation of health professionals.
University of Minnesota Physicians is seeking Medical Assistants for a variety of clinical specialties at our state of the art Clinics and Surgery Center in Minneapolis! Advance your career in our patient focused care settings and take advantage of a $3,000 sign-on bonus!
Regardless of role we at the University of Minnesota Physicians recognize that every member of our team is vital. The Medical Assistants who work at UMPhysicians interact consistently with patients under the direction of a provider, authorized practitioner or RN and help to create and foster an environment of healing and education. UMPhysicians also emphasizes an inclusive, team-focused atmosphere; as such our Medical Assistants are integral to helping us develop the next processes needed to ensure our patients well-being. Our MAs utilize and develop their skills in a rewarding clinic environment that is on the cutting edge of medicine.
Medical Assistant Overview
- Medical Assistant Certification from an accredited school.
- If not certified, must attain AAMA certification within one year of employment
- Experience in a clinic setting
Key responsibilities include:
- Supports and assists provider or authorized practitioner with patient examinations, treatments and/or procedures including but not limited to: Obtaining vital signs, administering injections recording patient's medical history and other relevant data.
- Prepares examining areas and patients for examination, procedure or treatment by a provider or authorized practitioner.
- As a health care advocate, supports patient focused care and provides patient instruction.
- Works with the clinic team and UMP as a whole to create a culture of empathy, healing, and continued education.
- Performs administrative duties: schedules, coordinates and monitors patient appointments, admissions and/or procedures, organizes and maintain medical records and performs business-related tasks such as procedural/diagnostic coding, and prepares insurance forms for submission.
Location: 909 Fulton St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455
Clinic Specialties with available roles: Multiple, including Dermatology, Pulmonary
Hours: 1.0 FTE
Sign-On Bonus: $3000 (Bonus not available for current or transferring UMPhysicians employees)
UMPhysicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.