Medical Assistant NC - Retail
Job Number: 262461
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Providence is calling a Medical Assistant NC - Retail (Full time/Day shift) to Express Care MSO in Brea, CA.
We are seeking a Medical Assistant - Retail who will work closely with a team of staff including physicians and advanced level providers to ensure the delivery of high quality patient care. MA duties include assisting with exams and procedures, administering medications, and performing tests under the supervision of a licensed medical provider. The MA is also responsible for front desk, patient registration, insurance billing and payment collection/cashiering in addition to their patient care responsibilities. Actively supports and incorporates the mission and core values into daily activities. Treats all others with respect and demonstrates excellence, justice and compassion in daily work and relationships with others.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Schedule patients’ appointments
- Monitor and manage the appointment schedules daily
- Provide general information to patients including but not limited to financial policies, registration requirements, insurances, etc
- Coordinate referral preparation, approval and distribution
- Organize, stock and maintain an orderly, clean and uncluttered work area, including but not limited to exam rooms,procedure rooms and patient care areas
- Oversee that patient waiting areas are clean and well-maintained
- Greet and check-in the patient
- Verify patient’s information and co-pay
- Research patient information within the systems provided
- Collect and verify accurate and complete demographic information from patient or family member
- Perform patient intake screening and/or makes arrangements for additional diagnostic testing or referral for appropriate provider and set an appointment.
- Identify urgent or emergent situations and notifies the provider. Provide appropriate care, including patient mobility assistance, based on the various conditions and needs of the broad diversity of patients
- Capture patient information including but not limited to height, weight, drug allergies, current medications and the presenting problem
- Document patient information collected, care given, treatments provided and related charges
- Process all clerical records for clinic patients including cashiering, as well as completion of encounter forms and patient charts
- Assist physicians/providers during examinations and procedures, anticipating needs
- Instruct patients on the collection of samples and other test
- Conduct or assist with diagnostic tests and procedures including but not limited to capturing vitals, drawing blood and obtaining samples
- Under MA certification authorization and by Provider order, administer medications – including oral, subcutaneous, intramuscular or intradermal medication / inoculations
- Label, transport and store hazardous waste
- Update established patient files as necessary
- Transcribe chart notes in real time from providers
- Direct flow of patients and calls to the appropriate care team.
- Refer the patient to the billing department as needed
- Assists with patient phone messages/tasks and documents. Conduct callbacks, when guided
- Manage patient flow ensuring enough time for patient and family education
- Facilitate communication between patients, providers, clinic staff, internal and external customers to support patient care
- Active involvement in improvement of work processes.
- Participate in and facilitates change processes
- Complete annual mandatory education review and competency program.
- Attend and actively participate in mandatory clinical/business department meetings/in-services, staff meetings and assigned committees
- Perform opening and closing duties for the clinic
- Perform other duties as assigned to your role
Required qualifications for this position include:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Graduate of a State recognized Medical Assistant program, with externship hours completed
- 1 year back office/Front office Medical Assistant in an ambulatory care facility or medical group practice
- Prior experience providing a high level of customer service in a fast paced environment, including handling confidential data with discretion.
- Knowledge and use of ICD-9 coding required; working knowledge of IDX/Advanced Web.
- Basic Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Windows, Outlook
- AHA Heartsaver CPR licensure, upon hire
- Driver's License, upon hire
- Driver's Auto Insurance, upon hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Knowledge of medical terminology a plus
- Previous experience in a healthcare setting.
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience
About the hospital you will serve.
Express Care is your faster way to well! Express Care Clinics offer same-day appointments and extended hours seven days a week. We're here when you need care for the stuff you just can't treat at home. In addition, Express Care Virtual offers same-day, on-demand, video visits with trusted health care providers. Come see us when you want fast care from folks who know health.Providence Health & Services is further developing its physician integration strategy. As part of this growth, Providence Saint John’s Medical Foundation came into flourishing. Saint John’s Medical Foundation is an integrated, not-for-profit network of medical clinics and affiliated services, servicing the greater Santa Monica and Los Angeles area. The Foundation is expected to continue to grow in the next several years, bringing with it facilities, staff and physician growth to support that objective.
About Us Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable.Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression,