Summary of Duties: Only bilingual (English & Spanish) candidates will be considered. Responsible for assisting medical providers with patient care, clerical, and environmental tasks to assure the efficiency and productivity of the medical back office operations.
Supervision: Reports to the Back Office Manager; also takes directions from medical professional staff including Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, or Physicians Assistants.
Work Environment: We are a Christian ministry and give strong preference to candidates who would actively participate in our evangelical activities.
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with others in a way that supports the centers mission to share the love of Jesus Christ through quality healthcare to those in need.
- Checking schedules and organizing patient flow; accompanying patients to exam room, collecting specimens; collecting patient history; performing screenings, assisting providers with procedures; charting; relaying instructions to patients / families; answering calls and providing pertinent information.
- Sending / receiving patient medical records; obtaining lab / x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc.; completing forms / requisitions as needed; scheduling appointments; verifying patient demographics; managing charts to ensure information is completed and filed appropriately.
- Setting up instruments and equipment according to protocol; cleaning exam / procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control; cleaning sterilizer according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping appropriate records; ordering, sorting, storing supplies; restocking exam / procedure rooms.
- Assists in receiving, logging and collecting laboratory specimens. Prepares specimens for technical testing as appropriate.
- Performs laboratory testing as directed.
- Complies with all relevant policy and procedures of the practice..
- Maintains patient confidentiality in compliance with HIPAA.
Experience: Minimum of one year work experience in health care.
Requirements: Must be bilingual (English & Spanish).
Pay based on experience