Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.Performs specified patient care activities to assigned patient population under the direction of the Nurse Manager and Healthcare Provider and is committed to the provision of patient centered/patient valued care.
- Must have completed training through an accredited Medical Assistant training program.
- Must have a current Heartsaver CPR course completion card within 90 days of hire and/or placement in job from one of the following:
o American Heart Association
o American Red Cross Rescuer
o Military Training Network.
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must pass the Medical Assistant Examination prior to employment with a minimum score of 83%.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic patient skills and skill in the use of supplies and assigned equipment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, families, and PHHS staff.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.