Off Holidays & Holiday Break PTO Full Benefits Training Program
Life is good. At Life Line Community Healthcare we want to help people keep it that way. Diseases are costly. That is why we want to help older adults take steps to prevent them so they have more time, money and mobility to do the things they love, with the people they love.
Join Life Line Community Healthcare's team as a Patient Care Associate where you will own face-to-face patient engagement while acting as a direct assistant to a Nurse Practitioner.
The Patient Care Associate role is designed for you to utilize your communications skills with people and expand your knowledge of medical terminology, event operations, key customer-facing business processes and healthcare administrative principles. Paid training is provided.
Together, Out into the Community We Go
Life Line Community Healthcare is a nationwide provider of Medicare prevention and wellness services. We have 55 teams in 55 cities throughout the United States.
As a Patient Care Associate in your city, each work day will be unique as you commute to a new location with a Nurse Practitioner to work autonomously on a team of amazing people. A team of people who support and respect each other.
In this event based setting, together, create a positive environment allowing adults to easily understand services, their health risks and what they can do to improve them. Events are scheduled in advance, Monday -- Saturday, during day shift hours.
Life is good at Life Line too. Here are a few reasons why:
* Paid time off, paid holidays and holiday bank for holiday break which occurs around Christmas to just after the New Year, each year
* Competitive hourly pay and hourly commute time pay with co-workers
* Bonus opportunities
* A 401 (k) plan with employer matching
* Medical, dental, vision, pharmacy, critical care and chronic illness insurance plans
* An employee wellness program to earn gift cards for healthy milestones
* Life Insurance, STD/LTD
* Paid training and ongoing professional development
* Ability to learn quickly and perform patient intake, registration, insurance verification and medical terminology in accordance with the company's protocols
* Manage the registration process of patients and the flow event.
* Engage with adults at the event to help them become aware of the benefits of services, listen attentively and answer questions, and coach them on what to do next.
* Set up and breakdown of screening event and registration area.
* Order supplies and provide administrative assistants to Nurse Practitioner
* Commute as a passenger or driver in a company vehicle 20 minutes to three hours one way each day with co-worker(s)
* Available Monday -- Friday with rotating Saturdays
* Valid driver's license and clean driving record
* Experience of one year in one of the following areas:
* Receptionist, Front Desk, Patient Access Rep, Home Health Aide, Personal Care Aid, Activities Planner, Event Planner, Data Entry OR
* Customer facing role associated with retail, sales, hospitality, healthcare or other
* Excellent oral and written communication
* Strong typing accuracy and typing speed skills
* Ability to multi-task, specifically data entry via verbally dictation face-to-face with patients
* Positive bedside manner and ability to work in a fast-paced setting
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
* Medical terminology a plus OR must have the desire to learn from training program
* High school diploma
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled