We are seeking a Medical Assistant to become a part of our team! You will perform routine administrative and clinical assignments to keep the medical facility running smoothly.
Performing clinical care essential to the assessment, promotion, maintenance and restoration of patient’s health and wellness
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Manage patient care through an electronic or paper environment.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Measure and record patients' vital signs, such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration.
- Check to make sure that patient history is complete (i.e. immunization records, allergy to medications, health record updates, etc...).
- Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
- Obtain brief summary of patient complaint. Document any immunizations needed. Read previous visits to obtain follow-up plan as needed.
- Assist doctors in any necessary procedures such as giving injections or removing sutures.
- Authorize drug refills and provide prescription information to pharmacies.
- Perform sensory screening as needed.
- Fill out any necessary paper work for patient’s i.e. (school forms, medication forms).
- Rooming patients, taking patient histories and patient vitals
- Coordinating pharmacy refills and lab results
- Returning patient phone calls
- Managing patient visits
- Patient Education
- Assisting in office procedures
- Skilled in venipuncture and fingersticks
- Ability to work independently
- Complete any necessary referrals and referral cover sheets for doctor approval. Call insurance companies to obtain necessary authorization for certain procedures.
- Set up any home therapies for patient use.
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets and physicians' instructions to patients
- Keeping a clean, safe and organized work environment for patients and staff.
- Attending any necessary meetings to be up to date on changes in protocol and procedures.
- Working as a team with nursing and front office staff for optimal patient care.
- Assisting the doctor in emergency situations.
- Keeping expiration dates current on all sample medications and formulas.
- Having the knowledge and awareness of medications and supplies on crash cart.
- Administering immunizations and medicine injections.
- Follow any OSHA and Safety requirements for rooms and documentation.
- Other various duties as assigned, including cross training in other functional areas.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- MA Diploma or Certification
- Required- one year work experience in a medical office setting.
- Knowledge of computer desired.
- Experience in Pediatrics is require
- EMR Systems: 1 year (Preferred)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to perform necessary vital signs for pediatrics and obtain patient histories.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology, and immunization requirements for children.
- Ability to assess emergency situations and act accordingly.
- Maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
- Knowledge of medical safety practices and standard s. Ability to plan, prioritize, organize workflow.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Skill in maintaining department quality assurance. Skill in identifying problems and researching and recommending resolutions.
- Skill in preparing records, writing reports and responding to correspondence.
- Active CPR certification required.
- Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
- EMR (electronic medical record) experience required.
- Knowledge of Florida Shots program.
- Preparing and Compiling Patient information for required School work.
- Bilingual Required (Spanish/English).
Candidates will be subject to a background check.
We ask for serious applicants only.
Salary is Based on Experience