We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multi-specialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Medical Assistant works under general supervision to perform a variety of procedures; fills in and performs various patient-oriented job duties; must have knowledge of each job; must keep updated on any changes made within a job position.The Medical Assistant may be requested to process all outside referrals including HMO and PPO, maintaining accurate records and notifying all concerned parties of the outcome as required.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment which may include a considerable amount of walking, and physical assistance for patients.
- Strong verbal and written skills; fluent in English.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, infection control and safety.
- Adaptability and accuracy.
- Must have good visual acuity and motor coordination.
- Strong clinical skills.
- Basic math skills and ability to handle cash transactions.
- Strong computer skills (data entry and typing).
- Honest, dependable, and conscientious.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Record (EHR) computerized practice management and other record keeping systems.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Formal training will be indicated by a high school diploma or equivalent and graduation certificate from an accredited Medical Assistant program
- Two (2) years of front and back medical office experience
- Current BLS CPRcertification from the American Heart Association
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License if hiring into Medical Assistant Float Pool
- Ability to maintain composure when confronted with fast paced situations, excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in an environment involving a high level of activity and a variety of positions
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V