PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
The Medical Assistant works under general supervision to perform a variety of procedures; fills in and performs various patient-oriented job duties; must have knowledge of each job; must keep updated on any changes made within a job position. The Medical Assistant may be requested to process all outside referrals including HMO and PPO, maintaining accurate records and notifying all concerned parties of the outcome as required.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment which may include a considerable amount of walking, and physical assistance for patients.
- Strong verbal and written skills; fluent in English.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, infection control and safety.
- Adaptability and accuracy.
- Must have good visual acuity and motor coordination.
- Strong clinical skills.
- Basic math skills and ability to handle cash transactions.
- Strong computer skills (data entry and typing).
- Honest, dependable, and conscientious.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Record (EHR) computerized practice management and other record keeping systems.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Formal training will be indicated by a high school diploma or equivalent and graduation certificate from an accredited Medical Assistant program;
- Minimum six (6) months of front and back medical office experience required, two (2) years of front and back medical office experience preferred
- Current CPR certification from the American Heart Association
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License if hiring into Medical Assistant Float Pool Ability to maintain composure when confronted with fast paced situations, excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in an environment involving a high level of activity and a variety of positions.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V