CPR HeartPlace has an excellent full time employment opportunity, with benefits, for an experienced Medical Assistant with its Medical City Plano HeartPlace clinic located in Plano, TX. Prior recent cardiology experience working as a Medical Assistant would be required.
Performs selected nursing and administrative/clerical duties that assist in the management of our patient’s care.
1. Provides excellent customer service and the highest quality patient care.
2. Escorts patient to exam rooms.
3. Takes patient vital signs (blood pressure, heart rate, weight, etc.)
4. Accurately records patient the details of medications in chart / EMR.
5. Responsible for EKG, rhythm strip, and signal average EKG hook-ups and printouts. (Proficiency Required)
6. Assists physicians with patient exams as needed.
7. Responsible for Holter monitor hook-ups and removals, event recorders and Loop recorders. (Proficiency Required)
8. Maintains cleanliness and supplies in patient exam rooms.
9. Takes pharmacy phone calls, reviews charts, and calls in prescription refills.
10. Monitors pharmacy samples, removing from stock as expired.
11. Receives phone calls from patients and other external sources.
12. Pulls patient charts when necessary.
13. Utilizes the computer for patient inquiry and scheduling.
14. Follows all OSHA and other safety guidelines.
15. Maintains current CPR certification.
16. At all times, protects the confidentiality of protected health information (PHI) of patients per HIPAA regulations.
17. Actively demonstrates teamwork at all times.
18. Performs other duties as required.
19. May also be responsible for insurance precertification, surgery scheduling and coordinating transfers and admissions.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants.
3. Medical Assistant certification required or must obtain within 90 days of hire date.
4. Ability to responsibly ascertain detailed and important information provided by patients and accurately relays such information to physician in the scope of assistance of care, and records such information in the patient’s chart and/or EMR.
5. Responsible for calling in prescription information to pharmacies and provide detailed drug information to patients.
6. Maintains current BCLS certification.
7. 2+ years medical assistant experience at a cardiology practice.
8. Fluently speak, read, and write English.
9. Understanding of OSHA requirements in a clinical setting
10. Understanding of HIPAA requirements.
11. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
12. Ability to meet physical demands of the job which include, but are not limited to: standing, bending, pushing, pulling, lifting, transporting supplies or equipment, walking for extended periods of time, and occasionally lifting and carrying items which may weigh up to 50 pounds.
13. Vision and hearing must be within or correctable to within normal ranges.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.