About the Company
Fast Pace Urgent Care is rapidly growing and a leading provider of urgent care and primary care clinics across Tennessee, Kentucky, and Mississippi. With over 80 clinics and counting, Fast Pace Urgent Care provides quality care to our patients at a reduced cost in underserved rural communities, while fostering a culture of fellowship among our team members. We are committed to hiring compassionate, driven team members that will ensure our patients receive remarkable care. Fast Pace offers a number of challenging and meaningful career paths, providing you with the opportunity to work with the best people, grow your career, and most importantly, make a difference in people’s lives.
Fast Pace Urgent Care is guided by the following core principles: Quality of Care, Teamwork, Friendliness, Empowerment, and Communication.
At Fast Pace Urgent Care, Medical Assistants provide support essential for effective patient care under the direct supervision of a Provider (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant.) Medical Assistants at Fast Pace Urgent Care are responsible for providing outstanding patient service, maintaining a compassionate and welcoming atmosphere.
We provide a competitive benefits package, including health, 401(k), PTO, and Holiday Pay.
- Deliver overall support for Providers and Clinic Operations.
- Observe patients, charting, reporting changes in patients' conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and taking any necessary action.
- Instruct patients on collection of any necessary samples and tests.
- Obtain vital signs and escorting patients to rooms.
- Assist patients utilizing a Virtual Medicine Provider.
- Give injections, administering prescribed medications as directed by the Provider and in accordance with nursing standards.
- Blood draws.
- Ensure accurate completion of patient charts in a timely matter and forwarding charts as appropriate.
- Assist with scheduling of tests and treatments.
- Arrange referrals to a specialist and obtaining pre-authorizations when directed to by the Provider.
- Prepare exam and treatment rooms for patient intake.
- Assist with lab testing and Phlebotomy.
- Prepare and maintain supplies and equipment for treatment.
- Assist providers in preparing for minor surgeries and physicals.
- Greet, register, instruct, discharge and provide general assistance to patients.
- Obtain and record demographic, insurance and financial information.
- Verify insurance eligibility and relay relevant information on payment policies and billing/collection processes.
- Collect co-pays, co-insurance, deductibles and past due balances.
- Retrieve and fax/mail medical records to primary care providers and insurance carriers per patient request.
Work Schedule/Clinic Hours
- Clinics are open Monday through Friday from 8 am to 8 pm, Saturdays from 8 am to 6 pm, and Sundays from 1 pm to 5 pm.
- Standard full-time shifts are (3) 12-hour shifts between Monday and Friday one week, (2) 12-hour shifts between Monday and Friday the next week, and both days that weekend. Please note these are the standard schedules and can be changed at any time based on patient needs and volume.
- Outstanding patient service skills with pediatric and adult patients.
- The desire to work for a company that is committed to quality care in a friendly and teamwork oriented environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively with patients and team members.
- Proficient at utilizing technology such as Outlook, Excel, Word, and ideally the previous use of an EMR system such as Practice Velocity.
Experience and Qualifications
- High School Diploma
- Documented completion (i.e. Diploma) of a Medical Assistant Educational Training Program OR at least 2 years of direct hands-on experience as a Medical Assistant preferrably in a Hospital, Physician, or Walk-in/Urgent Care setting.
- Valid Medical Assistant Credential such as CMA, RMA, NCMA, etc. is preferred unless required by State Law.
- Previous hands-on work experience in an Urgent Care setting (Desired but not required.)