Providence is calling Medical Assistants to Providence Medical Group in Everett, WA. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible to all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
We offer a %243,000 sign on bonus for new caregivers who are new to the Providence St. Joseph Health System for positions 0.75FTE and up!
This posting is not a specific job vacancy. This posting serves to establish interested candidates for current or futures opportunities for Medical Assistant positions for various shifts at Providence Medical Group Northwest Washington.
We currently have openings in Internal Medicine, Pre-admit Clinic, Family Practice, and Centralized Staffing Pool. We have full-time and on-call openings in different locations including Everett, Mill Creek, Monroe and Snohomish.
In this position you will:
- Greet and prepare patients for the practitioner. Obtain and record vital signs and other appropriate information, such as height, weight, presenting problem, and other medical information
- Ensure confirmation of patient identity with each patient encounter.
- Document all interactions in patient's medical record.
- Under the delegation of a licensed practitioner and as appropriate per role and certification, obtain specimens, perform required testing, administer medications via oral, topical, optic, ophthalmologic or inhaled routes; administer vaccines including combination or multi-dose vaccines.
- Under the delegation of a licensed practitioner, assist or perform point of care tests and clinical procedures as appropriate to scope of role and certification.
- Reinforce patient education, materials, and lab results (normal); return phone messages; all as directed by the licensed practitioner.
- Follow correct procedures for handling and disposing of biohazardous, infectious, and pharmaceutical waste.
- Perform administrative and/or clerical support duties for practitioner, other medical assistants, or clinic/location as directed. (ex: pre-authorizations, schedule appointments, referrals, clinic inventory and/or outdated medications/supplies, etc.).
- Provide MA administrative and clinical support required to deliver quality patient care via a telehealth or virtual visit platform as an extension of in-clinic services and patient care strategy.