Currently looking for a Certified Medical Assistant to fill an opening in Providence, RI. Interested candidates should have a Medical Assistant Certificate with knowledge of the goals and objectives of the patient care management plan.
Responsibilities of the Medical Assistant
- Assist MDs/NPs/RNs caring for patients (infants, children, adolescents, adults and geriatric) including but not limited to taking/recording vital signs/height/weight/ operating EKG machine, conducting lab tests, preparing patients for examination, preparing work areas, applying simple dressings (aseptic techniques), recording patient related procedures/tests in patients charts.
- Answer and reroute incoming telephone calls, schedule patients using automated appointment scheduling process, interview incoming patients verifying identity, maintain provider appointment schedules, verify financial/insurance information, soliciting, collect payments for services, and recording required data.
- Pull/Sort/File medical records; insert patient related material as required; maintain separate logs/records of medical files; type/file supporting records.
- Provide general clerical support throughout the organization as needed including filing, answering/rerouting calls, preparing data reports, compiling statistics.
- Work with all members of the Health Care Team towards achieving coordinated patient centered care.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all levels of interaction.
Requirements of the Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Certificate
- Basic Life Support/CPR certification required
- Ability to perform responsibilities across life cycle (infants, children, adolescents, adults and geriatric) required
- Demonstrates knowledge of the goals and objectives of patient care management plan
- Clear diction and unhampered conversational skills for conversing with a multicultural, multiethnic and multilingual patient community is essential
- Computer literacy required
- Familiarity with Physician Computer Network preferred but not required
- Ability to speak both Spanish and English fluently, as well as read, comprehend and write both languages, is preferred
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, as needed