Job ID: 287953
Medical Assistant - Pulmonary and Sleep
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Medical Assistant - Borgess Pulmonary and Sleep - Full-Time Day 40 Hours Weekly - Medical Specialty Building - Kalamazoo, MI
Why Join Ascension?
Based in Kalamazoo, Borgess provides care for nearly 1 million people annually in cardiac, neurologic, orthopedic, vascular and bariatric services, among others. We are one of the region’s largest health systems and employers and have been serving as part of Ascension since 1999.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Borgess Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to assist with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician.
- Assist with treatments ordered by physician as supervised by physician or registered nurse. Perform select clinical duties.
- Interview patients, measure vital signs, and record information on patients' charts. Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Perform basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Perform basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assist with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- Excellent knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy.
- Assist with medical instruments or equipment needed to administer patient care.
- Perform vitals on patients.
- Skill in assisting physician in a variety of treatments and medications as directed.
- Perform schedule testing and assigned clerical duties.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Medical Assistant.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required at start date.
- Graduation from a Medical Assisant program required at start date or In lieu of graduation from a Medical Assistant program, minimum of three (3) years experience functioning in a medical assisting role required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.