Full Job Description
Golden State Dermatology is a multi-doctor dermatology practice, focused on providing quality care for patients across the bay area. Our Brentwood location is looking for an energetic Medical Assistant/Receptionist to join our team.
Job duties will include, but not limited to;
- All aspects of the front office; check in, check out, insurance verification, heavy phones
- Various clerical duties assigned by the Practice Manager
- Prior Authorizations
- Rooming patients: obtain history, consents & vitals when indicated
- Process pathology, call patients with results, and schedule treatments
- Assisting the medical providers; including but not limited to skin checks, minor office procedures, and skin cancer surgeries.
- Suture removal, post-operative wound checks, and dressing changes
- Blood drawing
Our ideal candidate should meet the following qualifications to be eligible for the position;
- Self-motivated and be able to work independently as well in teams, especially in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in customer service to be able to assist patients in a friendly and courteous manner
- Excellent communication skills and organization to coordinate amongst several offices to provide outstanding patient care
- Basic understanding of medical terms and processes, including HIPAA regulations, insurance registration
- Knowledge of eClinicalWorks or EMA is preferred but willing to train the right candidate
Our office offers a wide benefits package for qualifying employees including; Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K plans, Paid Holidays, and PTO.
Job Type: Full-time