Medical Assistant/Receptionist, Outpatient Clnic
Creating the best outcomes for our patients requires the right people. At Virginia Hospital Center, our staff exceeds expectations by performing at the top-level of the profession.
Virginia Hospital Center is a strong advocate for its employees and provides a true collaborative environment in which the healthcare team works closely together, bringing skill, experience and mutual respect to the task of providing superior medical care for our patients.
The Medical Assistant/Receptionist ensures the clinical environment is cleaned, stocked, and ready for patient care. Performs phlebotomy, prepares specimens for transport to labs, performs simple laboratory procedures, takes vital signs, prepares patients for procedures, and assists with patient flows. Provides general clinical support to physicians and other staff, answers phones, makes appointments, collects co-pays and payment, assists with billing, and adds information to the electronic medical record.
Pay & Benefits: In addition to salary, the benefit package includes paid major holidays, vacation/sick time, health & dental insurance, and 401(k)
- Coordinates prescription orders promptly according to physician direction.
- Prior to the patient's visit, obtains orders for all visits, referrals according to insurance from the referring physician, and verifies insurance authorization when applicable, according to department procedure.
- Files correspondence promptly in patient charts when returned from clinician or manager.
- Takes co-payments according to department procedure.
- Identifies self-pay patients and follows department procedure to collect payment at the time of visit.
- Maintains medical supply closet and ensures adequate supply is available. Notifies Practice Administrator when medical supplies are in need of order.
- Greets all patients in a courteous, professional manner.
- Distributes paperwork to patients as applicable. Offers assistance when needed and provides in a private manner so to maintain confidentiality of patient health information.
- Efficiently and correctly schedules patient appointments using the computerized scheduling system according to department procedure.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish required
- One year of Healthcare/Medical- Primary Care/Office experience required.
- American Heart Association BLS Certification required.