Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Medical Assistant
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers that higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs, and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare in medically underserved communities. By providing holistic, comprehensive and integrated care right in our patient’s communities, we can keep our patients healthy and then reinvest cost savings in further care for those same communities and others. Since 2013, Oak Street Health has brought its singular approach to tens of thousands of people in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Ohio. At 40 locations, and with an ambitious growth trajectory, Oak Street Health is attracting and cultivating team members who embody Oak Street values and are passionate about the mission to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
For more information, visit http://www.oakstreethealth.com.
Oak Street Health takes a team-based approach to outstanding patient care. They are responsible for delivering excellent, high-touch, primary care, and coordinating the care of our patients throughout the healthcare delivery system.
Medical Assistants are an important part of our Care Teams. High levels of flexibility, energy, attention to detail, and are required to be successful. You will be expected to build relationships with Oak Street Health members. Medical Assistants will work closely and collaboratively with their teammates to greet and room Oak Street Health patients. S/he will be expected to assist in assessing health conditions, including performing routine diagnostic testing during appointments.
- Ensures efficient patient flow by rooming patients in a timely manner and assisting the provider with staying timely on their schedule
- Delivers an exceptional patient experience, and helps patients prepare for their provider visit
- Obtains vital signs, chief complaint reviews medications
- Delivers patient screenings per protocols
- Orders supplies and stocks exam rooms
- Conducts routine quality control checks including infection control measures, equipment QAs, and checks for expired medication and supplies
- Ensure exam rooms are clean, safe, and ready for patient visits
- Under of an RN, provider and/or protocol, provide telephonic support to patients
- Assist providers, RNs or social workers with support for members as necessary
- Under of an RN or Provider, offer MA appropriate “visits” including administering vaccinations, performing procedures including but not limited ABI, spirometry, EKGs, etc.
- Perform waived laboratory testing
- Schedule diagnostic testing
- Applies or assists with of durable medical equipment
- Supports team with obtaining medical records, and ensuring records are scanned into the EMR per protocols
- Participate in care team meetings to discuss patient care and clinic operations
- Other duties as assigned
The Medical Assistant will report to the Practice Manager
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for motivated, experienced Registered or Certified Medical Assistants with:
- CPR Certification required
- Medical Assistant certification or registration
- 3-5 years in a Medical Assistant role preferred
- EMR experience required
- 2 or more years of experience working with geriatric patients
- Phlebotomy Technician Certification preferred
- Strong communication skills and customer service orientation
- Demonstrates problem-solving skills, accountability, and a flexible, positive attitude
- Fluency in Spanish, Polish, Russian, or other languages spoken by people in the communities we serve (where necessary)
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being “Oaky”. What it means to be OAKY:
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and driving for results
- Being scrappy
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers advantages that can’t be found in other clinical workplaces, including:
- The opportunity to be part of a hyper-growth focused on changing the future of healthcare.
- Paid vacation/sick time, retirement options, as well as health, vision and dental benefits
- new, beautiful working environment
- Supportive and fun culture
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers