As the Medical Assistant: will provide quality healthcare in a culturally sensitive, competent, caring manner to empower our patients and help them attain their highest level of health both physically and spiritually.
The Medical Assistant works within the scope of practice in the State of Arizona as directed by healthcare professionals. Assists the healthcare provider in a variety of tasks appropriate to the patient and within the scope of practice in accordance with established GRHC and dept. policies, standards, procedures and in compliance with Tribal, state, federal regulations and guidelines.
- The Medical Assistant will conduct him/herself in a professional manner, demonstrating behaviors and accountability which supports the ideals of the Mission, Vision, and Values of the GRHC to every customer, both internal and external.
- The Medical Assistant actively supports Culturally Competent Care and Kindness Campaign by demonstrating the highest degree of, kindness, compassion and respect of culture during all interactions with patients, and their family members.
- The Medical Assistant will maintain clinical competencies and proficiencies as per standards of practice, and regulatory guidelines, all hospital policies, protocols and outcome standards.
- The Medical Assistant demonstrates professionalism in all interactions by projecting positive attitude to job, workplace and others and also promotes team work, respect, innovation and excellence.
- The Medical Assistant adheres to all safety and emergency management procedures as described in the manual of compliance for safety and emergency management.
- The Medical Assistant supports the care of the patient as directed, including but not limited to all tasks within the scope of practice for a Medical Assistant within the State of Arizona. May assist with patient registration, scheduling and follow up contacts as requested.
- The Medical Assistant performs special projects and other duties as assigned in order to assist in accomplishing the mission, vision and strategic goals of Gila River Health Care.
- Completion of a course of study leading to a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Graduation of an approved and accredited program and holds a current certificate as a Medical Assistant.
- Current CPR certification or ability to obtain certification within 30 days of hire.
- Ability to be highly productive and provide compassionate care in a diverse setting and stressful situations
- Proven ability to work as part of an integrated team
- Demonstrated ability to relate to diverse cultures and specifically the Gila River Indian Community and other Native American Cultures