We are seeking to hire a Medical Assistant who will be responsible for assisting with administrative duties. As a successful candidate, you will be responsible for obtaining patient records and test results, coordinating daily administrative and clinical tasks, preparing treatment rooms for examinations, and assisting our practitioners during medical procedures.
It is preferred that you are certified from a medical assistant program and have at least one to two years of prior experience in a medical setting. A basic understanding of patient care and medical terminology will be a huge advantage for you.
Medical Assistant Responsibilities:
- Recording patient medical histories, vitals, test results and other information for medical records
- Coordinating the daily administrative activities, including phone calls, scheduling, patient check-in and check-out, and assist with telemedicine visits.
- Preparing treatment rooms for clinical examinations and assisting physician with medical procedures.
- Delivering compassionate support and assistance to patients and families.
- Ensuring compliance with all health care regulations, including HIPAA and OSHA.
- Maintain strict patient confidentiality.
- Accept ownership and responsibility for accepting new and different requests.
Medical Assistant Requirements:
- Must be a quick learner. Training will be provided as needed.
- One to two years of experience in a medical setting.
- Have high school diploma, bachelor degree, or equivalent.
- A basic understanding of patient care and medical terminology.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Good verbal communication in English/Spanish.
- Basic computer skills (e.g. Word, Excel, good typing skills)
- Certification from a medical assistant program is desirable.
- Familiarity with electronic medical health record systems is desirable.