PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Assistant - Sleep Center (Temporary) for a .6 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of Other.
Req ID: 186768
This is a temporary postion working 9:00 a.m to 3:30 p.m. Monday- Friday
In collaboration with the healthcare team, assists physicians/providers in the delivery of patient care working within the scope of practice for a Medical Assistant.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment or anesthesia interview as applicable. Takes and records patient history and vital signs as applicable.
- Prepares exam and/or treatment rooms; select, setup and maintain medical supplies and equipment for all examinations, procedures and/or anesthesia interview as applicable.
- Gives injections, applies splints and dressings, and facilitates simple wound management under provider orders.
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- May transport specimens.
- May assist in scheduling patients for tests, initial and follow up appointments.
- May maintain patient files, records, and other information including entry of data into electronic medical record.
- May provide phone screening of patient to appropriate clinical staff and/or physician.
- Collaborates with a variety of personnel and departments to ensure smooth clinic operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant or Medical Office Assistant program is required. An approved educational program/course of study that allows caregiver to sit for the MOA certification exam will be considered (e.g. Associate’s degree in Allied Health).
- Minimum of one year experience in a medical office preferred.
- See below for licensure/certification requirements for each community. When referring to the National Certification requirement below, the following are acceptable in meeting that requirement:
- Certified Medical Assistant through the American Association of Medical Assistants AAMA
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) through the American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- Clinical Medical Assistant certification through the National Health Career Associates (NHA)
- National Certified Medical Assistant through the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- Clinical Medical Assistant Certification (CMAC) administered by the American Medical Certification Association (AMCA).
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Ability to maintain patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Ability to collaborate with other multi-disciplinary team members.
- Proficiency in the use of computer and office equipment. Familiarity with desktop computing tools, multi-line phone systems and insurance billing preferred.
- Ability to efficiently manage time and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understand the principles of asepsis if applicable.
- Must have current Medical Assistant national certification or be a National Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) at date of hire.
KETCHIKAN PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets. Reasonably anticipated that this position will be exposed to blood and body fluids on average of once a month or more. Requires the use of a Powered Air Purifying System (PAPR). Requires the use of an N-95 mask.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system employing approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 1,200providers and 10medical centers serving both urban and rural communities in Washington, Oregon, Alaska.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through thisthree-minute video, and visit us onFacebookorLinkedIn! We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment!
Location:Ketchikan, PeaceHealth Ketchikan Medical Center (301)
Job Category:Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Hourly compensation starts at:$DOE, more depending on experience
RequiredCertifications/Licensure:Basic Life Support; National Certified Medical Assistant
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran,qualified individual with a disability,race,ethnicity,religion,gender,pregnancy,gender identity,national origin,age,genetic information,sexual orientation,or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.