Extremity Healthcare Incorporated (EHI) is seeking a certified medical assistant (CMA) to assist providers with various aspects of patient care. Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of four years experience as a Certified Medical Assistant with an emphasis on delivering exceptional patient care. This position works under general supervision and reports to the Regional Manager.
At Village Podiatry Centers, we are committed to giving our patients the best experience possible by focusing on innovative treatments, exceptional service and superior health outcomes. Our highly skilled Podiatric Physicians work within our own state-of-the-art facilities where we are dedicated to making our patients feel comfortable and valued.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcome, orient, and greet patients in an enthusiastic manner.
- Insurance knowledge and able to explain services.
- Entrusted with handling confidential information, material and abide by HIPAA guidelines.
- Escort patients to and from treatment rooms, distribute health information, and collect lab specimens.
- Ensures all new-patient forms and charts are completed prior to consultation with Podiatrist and reviews medical history.
- Check vital signs: height/weight, administers medications, removes socks/shoes/dressings, perform X-rays.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Handle Rx refill duties.
- Reviews instructions with patients: orthotic agreements, consent forms, etc.
- Clean rooms after each treatment: disinfect counter tops, disinfect / sterilize used instruments, sweep floor, etc.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment.
- Provides exceptional customer service and displays a â€œcan doâ€ attitude.
- Records billing information of services rendered.
- Answers clinical emails and helps maintain policies and procedures that are rolled out on the weekly updates.
- Follows up with all parties involved to update patient records, communicate changes in schedule, cancellations, and to ensure all forms and consents have been completed by the patients.
- Graduated from an accredited Medical Assistant or MA program, certification required.
- 4 years prior medical experience in a similar clinical setting; work with a Podiatrist or Orthodontist preferred.
- Must have previous experience in Charting (services provided, procedures performed, medications administered) etc.
- Experience using eClinicalWorks (ECW) and/or Greenway Health
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, and work under pressure
- Great Interpersonal skills
- Motivated, self-starter
- Excellent computer skills and experience with EHR systems, MS Office (word, excel, outlook) etc.
Powered by JazzHR